- Recorded Date:May 25, 2021
- Event:On Demand
Quest and Microsoft webinar: Balance Cost and Performance When Migrating Oracle On-premises Databases to Azure.
In this session, we’ll demonstrate how to migrate an Oracle database to an Azure instance with minimal downtime. Then, we’ll show you how to balance cost and performance.
We will also have a special guest from Microsoft introducing the session and giving you an update on Azure and running Oracle in Azure.
What you will learn
- Perform an Oracle migration to a public or hybrid cloud – without business interruption or data loss
- Continue monitoring and administering your cloud databases together with your on-premises Oracle databases, all from a single platform
- Determine the correct resource sizing to meet demands now and in the future
- Maintain the right balance between application performance and cost
- Optimise your service tier and licensing costs
- Microsoft - Moving Oracle to Azure
Martin Wild: Martin is a systems consultant at Quest. Based at the European headquarters in the U.K., Martin is responsible for supporting the UK and EMEA sales team for the Quest® Toad® portfolio, database performance monitoring and data movement solutions. He presents at SQL Server events such as SQL Bits and SQL Saturday. He also provides post-sales consultancy and training
Farooq Hussain: Farooq is a system consultant supporting clients interest in our Database Replication & Migration Software – SharePlex. Before joining Quest 3 years ago Farooq has been involved in Big Data Migrations in the Utilities and Transportation industries and has a wealth of IT experience spanning over 18 years. Accredited with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) in Oracle Cloud Operations, OCI Foundations 2020 and has also gained the OCI Autonomous Database Cloud Certified Specialist certification.
Microsoft - Sri Hari: Sri is a Senior Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft who leads 'Oracle On Azure' with in the Customer Success Unit. Sri's role is to evangelise and support customers who wish to migrate their Oracle workloads to Azure platform. Sri actively presents in various webinars hosted by the Partners on the this topic. Before joining Microsoft 3 years ago, Sri was working as Technical Architect at Oracle Corp.