A customer recently asked if it was possible for Foglight to integrate with Active Directory. To take it a step further, use the Member(s) of a existing Active Directory Group to access Foglight and when the Group Member(s) login, they can only see VMware related dashboards.
Go-To Administration ->Users & Security Management -> Configure Directory Services
- The comma is required at the beginning of the LDAP query suffix.
- Use the second and/or third group namespace(s) if your Groups are nested at that layer.
- Always enter and confirm the password when making changes to Settings.
- This can be any account that has 'Read-Access' to Active Directory
- Go-To Administration -> Users & Security Management -> User Management -> Groups -> LDAP Groups...
- You will see the Group imported from Active Directory
- Select the Group and 'Add Groups to be visible'
For more information, visit our Foglight for Virtualization product page.