This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Archive Manager Server Migration to a new Domain

Hi,

During a Domain Migration we have moved the Archive Manager Server to the new Domain. Also, we have setup a new Exchange Server. All Mails was successfuly migrated to this new Exchange Server.

We have configured the adc.config file and Archive Manager "import" all the new Mailbox without problems, also ADC connection works fine. But (There is always a but), User can only login to the Archive Manager Website with the old Domain Account. If they choise the new Domain the Login failed.

Any Idea appreciated.

Cheers

Uwe

• Good day Uwe,

It's possible the Directory Connector setup is not complete. I do have a few follow up questions to help narrow it down

1. What URL do user's access when going to the Archive Manager website? Is it the old URL or a new URL for the new domain?
    2. Are all of the bindings in IIS setup correctly for the ArchiveManager website so they can access it with the new URL?
    3. Is Windows Authentication enabled on the ArchiveManager website?

- For Forms authentication, Forms & Anonymous Authentication should be enabled and Windows Authentication should be disabled.
    - For Windows authentication, Windows Authentication should be enabled and Anonymous Authentication should be disabled.

Have a look at the Configuration Console and click on the Directory Connector tab.

It's possible since you migrated the database, and started the services the Directory connector needs to be updated. However you stated that ADC works good and all the mailboxes were found. I would still check that, perhaps the new domain for some reason is not setup correctly which will affect authentication.

For more information about the Directory Connector, please see the installation guide below point #8:

documents.software.dell.com/.../configuring-archive-manager-for-exchange

As for log files, the Website.wlog, Webservice.wlog. The Log files can be found by default at C:\Dell\ArchiveManager\Logs.

Please let me know how that goes when you have a moment. Any additional troubleshooting on my end if need be for a WebEx a Technical Support Service Request will be opened so that we can look at it further.

Thank you,

Dave
  • Good Day Dave,

thanks for your reply.

1.) The User always use only the short "archivemanager" url, but even if we use the new FQDN archivemanager.newdomain.local we have the same result.
    2.) Yes, the can access the new Website.
    3.) We use Form Authentication.

Please have in mind, we have migrate the whole server to the new windows domain. The user can open the Website, but the user must select the old Domin for a successful logon. If they select the new Domain from the dropdown menu, they get an error "Login Failed".

The AD Connector Logfile does not indicate any Problems, also if a new User is created in the new domain the AD connector will find this user and add them to ArchiveManager.

I guess, based on your suggestions, we should update to Version 5.3 first? We still use 4.8.
    As soon I've some news, i'll come back.

Cheers
    Uwe
  • Hello,

It sounds like there is still old configuration that was not updated. Are all the user's accounts migrated to the new domain?

Are you sure Archive Manager did not create a second instance of their mailbox assigned to the new SMTP address? This is possible if the Active Directory Connector see's those accounts as new accounts it would create a new login/mailbox for them.

I would highly recommend upgrading so that you can take advantage of the Directory Connector piece I was referring to in my last post, and you do not need to worry about the Domains.xml file as everything is listed in the Directory Connector Screen in the "Configuration Console" formally known as the Configuration Editor in any version prior to 5.x.

In addition just to make you aware, 4.8 is not under support anymore and the best way for us to resolve the issue you're having is if possible to upgrade 5.3 first.

support.software.dell.com/.../lifecycle

You can upgrade by following this video:

support.software.dell.com/.../124558

5.3 can be downloaded from here:

support.software.dell.com/.../download-new-releases

As it's not under support and if it is becoming critical I would suggest opening a Service Request but I cannot say for sure that the Engineer would be able to resolve the issue on 4.8, it would be best effort support.

If you run into any issues at all or have any questions with the upgrade it is also recommended that you open a Service Request during your business hours so that Support can advise.

Service Requests can be opened on this website:

support.software.dell.com/create-service-request

Thank you,

Dave