Welcome to the Change Auditor Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Change Auditor Forum Posts
Change Auditor Blog Posts
    • 22 Jun 2017

Simplifying Active Directory management with One Identity Active Roles

Active Directory management is a double-edged sword: it’s a big part of security and compliance in your organization, but it’s not the simplest of tasks. First, native tools are not very powerful, especially when you’re managing a hybrid environment of on-premises Active Directory and Azure Active Directory. Then, you spend a lot of time and effort ensuring that requests to create, remove or change...
    • 22 Jun 2017

All you can eat Unified Communications

Last weekend I went to an all you can eat Chinese food buffet. Every time I go to one of these places I usually end up going through the buffet a total of three times(first time to sample different foods, second to get more of the foods that I like, and third is for dessert). I feel like I should indulge in everything to get the maximum amount of value for my money. In regards to Unified Communications, many people...
    • 21 Jun 2017

Active Directory management – Restoring deleted objects with IT Security Search

Active Directory management is usually straightforward, but on the days when it isn’t, you may need to restore a deleted AD user. Did you see my previous post, about removing all access, groups and permissions of former employees from servers, groups and AD? That makes it easy to delete objects, but what happens when you make a mistake? Suppose HR tells you that Jeffrey Lebowski has left the company, and that...
    • 21 Jun 2017

Microsoft Inspire Tip of the Day: Visit Quest at Booth #1309

My feet hurt. I’m tired of wandering the floor. Who’s got the best giveaways and Microsoft expertise at Inspire? We don’t want to toot our own horn, but…toot, toot! Our giveaways are on point! We’re talking absurd amo...
    • 20 Jun 2017

Windows reporting and deep dives into your environment with IT Security Search

“Can you run a Windows report on Edgar Mann for security purposes? We need to know about his access, groups and permissions.” Do you ever get requests like that from HR? It’s gratifying to play a role in buttoning down your organization, isn’t it? At least, it’s gratifying if you can run that Windows report without spending your entire day on it. Even though the search is limited to Windows...
    • 19 Jun 2017

Active Directory management and security breaches – What changed and who changed it?

If your Active Directory objects aren’t constantly changing, then something is probably wrong with your company. There’s a continuous process of creating, modifying and deleting almost everything in a normal organization, like users, shares, group memberships, policies, resources and computers. Worse than all the changes is the nagging likelihood of an AD audit, when an auditor will walk up to your desk...
    • 16 Jun 2017

Log management and security breaches – What’s the best way to search through a zillion event logs?

“That security breach didn’t happen by magic,” your boss growls. “Someone had privileges they shouldn’t have had and they got unauthorized access to a file or folder. Check all the logs and find out what happened.” “Whew,” you say after your boss leaves your office. “At least I don’t have magic to contend with.” Your boss is right, though. Somewhere...
    • 15 Jun 2017

Use Cases for IT Forensics – Deep Investigation into Your Windows Environment

“Which files and folders can Dave in Tech Support modify?” “HR just gave us a heads-up on these former employees. Find out which servers they had access to.” “Check to see who changed permissions on any of the folders in Marketing in the last 24 hours.” “Ravi says he’s lost cloud access. See what’s going on.” Do you like responding to IT issues like these...
    • 14 Jun 2017

Data breach forensics – Get an Intelligent Looking Glass into Your Environment

What’s worse than a data breach, when you’re in IT? Figuring out where to start your search for root causes. It’s a drag to dig into log files, events, permissions, groups and Active Directory (AD) objects across workstations, Windows servers, SQL servers, Linux servers and cloud servers. Even if you know what you’re looking for, you can burn up a lot of time on the hunt. For example, suppose...
    • 12 Jun 2017

A new version of Coexistence Manager for GroupWise 1.7 is now available!

We are excited to announce a new version of Coexistence Manager for GroupWise , 1.7, is now available for download. Look what's new: New configuration option for Group Email Addresses New options created for the handling of Automatic Replies Improvements for the migration of MIME based messages The full Coexistence Manager for GroupWise Release Notes can be found on the technical documentation site . ...
More Content