This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cached Profile and network blocking

I'm having an issue with DA and our new ms surfaces.

While tinkering with locking down the USB's etc I had Unclassified USB devices disabled. And ofcourse the Surface the Docking station is marked as an Unclassified USB device so when a user logged in and got the new profile It blocked the dock from working and therefore the Ethernet port. 

I've enabled Unclassified USB devices again but as the device is technically disabled when they log in it won't connect to the network so it  won't pull the updated profile which is set to allow the dock. 

What can I do? 

• it seems forcefully running the SLogic script prompts the profile update. Although this was only possible because of the administrative override.
  • The device classification is determined by the Manufacturer of the device and not Desktop Authority. Desktop Authority receives the information from the device. So if there was no classification supplied then the device will show up as Unclassified.

However there is a way to reclassify a device so that Desktop Authority can see a device as something other that what the Manufacturer has classified it as.  If you create a Service Request and we can go over the process with you.