This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Faild deploy VMwarePerformance package to [HostName.Domain.Com]. It might be caused by low memory for this fglam host, please check FMS log for detail

Hi Guys, 

I have built a brand new vWorkspace Diagnostic and Monitoring foglight version 5.7.5. during the initial discovery wizard process, I faced some challenges to get the JRE updated as I'm runinng 64bit os and it worked only with the latest JRE 32bit. After that, the Wizard collection finished finished and I was able to reactify some hyper-v issue by manually deploying the agent, during the Wizard, VMWare already was part of it, but it failed as well. 

When I try to add the VMWare environment, it failed with the following error 

• Faild deploy VMwarePerformance package to [HostName.Domain.Com]. It might be caused by low memory for this fglam host, please check FMS log for detail

I tried increasing the JVM in Config/Server.config with the following parameters also failed; 

foglight.vm.option0 = "-Xms6144m";
foglight.vm.option1 = "-Xmx6144m";

I also made this change in fglam/state/default/config/baseline.jvmargs.config file

vmparameter.0 = "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m";
vmparameter.1 = "-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC";
vmparameter.2 = "-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled";
vmparameter.3 = "-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50";
vmparameter.4 = "-XX:NewRatio=4";
vmparameter.5 = "-XX:+CMSIncrementalMode";
vmparameter.6 = "-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing";
vmparameter.7 = "-XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0";
vmparameter.8 = "-XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycle=10";
vmparameter.9 = "-XX:-UseG1GC";

Any help please..?

Regards, 

• Forgot to mention... the server initially started with 12GB ram and now I increased to 20GB, still no luck.
  • Hi,

Assuming that you are trying to create a new VMwarePerformance Agent on the embedded FGLAM (the FGLAM that was installed automatically with your foglight installation) ...

To begin with i would strongly suggest to remove all vmparameters from your FGLAM (unless you have a very specific reason !!!)
    All the latest FGLAMs do a pretty good memory management with the default parameters.

Increasing your FMS memory (as you did) is not a bad thing.
    But i guess you mean server.vm.option0&1 and not foglight.vm.option0&1

I suggest you first remove any custom vmparameters from your FGLAM and also fix the vm.option parameters in your FMS config.
    Then restart FMS and wait until it has been started (you are able to login).
    Then check the memory allocation for
    FMS Process
    FGLAM Process
    Then check the Memory Available in Windows.
    Report back and we will see how to proceed.

When deploying a new VMwarePerformance Agent it run checks trying to find at least 3GB of free memory (actual free memory).
    If not, deployment will fail.

There is no need to change the FGLAM memory parameters yourself. Memory will be set in fglam\agents\VMwarePerformance\xxxxx\config\agent.manifest

Regards
  • Hi Helpdesk,

I would suggest you to restart FglAM and look the logs under /Foglight/fglam/state/default/logs
    The logs should tell you how much memory FglAM is using
    e.g.

2016-10-24 23:08:02.740 VERBOSE [Startup Thread] com.quest.glue.core.resources.types.impl.JVMMemoryResourceImpl - Calculated max heap size limit 13,641mb.

If FglAM memory is not increasing even after increasing the VM available memory, chances are the negotiation file might need to be deleted (<Agent_Manager_home>/state/default/config/deployments ) , then restart FglAM again.

More information in VMware agent Installation Guide.

I hope this helps,

Gaston

• Hi George,

I removed the customer vmparameters and now its only with the below;
    vmparameter.0 = -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    vmparameter.1 = -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
    vmparameter.2 = -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
    vmparameter.3 = -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50
    vmparameter.4 = -XX:NewRatio=4
    vmparameter.5 = -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
    vmparameter.6 = -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
    vmparameter.7 = -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0
    vmparameter.8 = -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycle=10
    vmparameter.9 = -XX:-UseG1GC

==============================================

I modified the server.config file to

server.vm.option0 = "-Xms1280m";
    server.vm.option1 = "-Xmx1280m";

when it was with 6144 the the vWorkspace Diagnostic and Monitoring service doesnt start and when I reboot the VM, it gives a memory error the instruction memory at 0x488e??? referenced memory ... now both services are working fine and I'm able to access the foglight portal, but when I adding the vmware environment, it failed with the same error; (Faild deploy VMwarePerformance package to [HostName.Domain.Com]. It might be caused by low memory for this fglam host, please check FMS log for detail)

Memory 13.4/20.0GB
    Available: 6.6

Foglight Main launcher (32 bit) 1,531.6 MB

Any futher help...?

regards,
  • Hi Gaston,

The logs shows the below;

<com.quest.glue.core.comms.transport.DownstreamJettyLogger> INFO [Startup Thread] com.quest.glue.core.comms.transport.DownstreamJettyLogger - Logging initialized @7141ms
    2017-01-11 08:28:53.444 VERBOSE [Startup Thread] com.quest.common.config.Config - Loaded configuration "baseline.jvmargs.config" from "C:\Dell\FoglightVDesktops\fglam\state\default\config\baseline.jvmargs.config":
    vmparameter.0 = -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    vmparameter.1 = -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
    vmparameter.2 = -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
    vmparameter.3 = -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50
    vmparameter.4 = -XX:NewRatio=4
    vmparameter.5 = -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
    vmparameter.6 = -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
    vmparameter.7 = -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0
    vmparameter.8 = -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycle=10
    vmparameter.9 = -XX:-UseG1GC
    2017-01-11 08:28:53.444 VERBOSE [Startup Thread] com.quest.common.config.Config - System property overrides for configuration "baseline.jvmargs.config":
    2017-01-11 08:28:53.444 VERBOSE [Startup Thread] com.quest.glue.core.resources.types.impl.JVMMemoryResourceImpl - Calculated max heap size limit 1,740mb.
    2017-01-11 08:28:53.475 VERBOSE [Startup Thread] com.quest.glue.core.services.MasterServiceFactory - Registering service class: com.quest.glue.core.services.AgentInfoServiceImpl

========================================================================

2017-01-10 13:39:41.829 ERROR [FglAM:IncomingMessage[5]-6] com.quest.glue.core.deployment.DeploymentManager - Failed to build an AgentPackage from C:\Dell\FoglightVDesktops\fglam\agents\VMwarePerformance\5.6.16.1-5.6.16.1-20151217-0859-2457\config\agent.manifest. Cause: The addition of 3 GB to the negotiated JVM Max heap size would adjust to 4 GB, which would exceed the total available physical memory of 2 GB. Rejecting memory request.
    com.quest.glue.core.resources.InvalidResourceSettingException: The addition of 3 GB to the negotiated JVM Max heap size would adjust to 4 GB, which would exceed the total available physical memory of 2 GB. Rejecting memory request.
    at com.quest.glue.core.resources.types.impl.JVMMemoryResourceImpl.validateSizeValues(JVMMemoryResourceImpl.java:249)
    at com.quest.glue.core.resources.types.impl.JVMMemoryResourceImpl.validateDeployment(JVMMemoryResourceImpl.java:172)
    at com.quest.glue.core.agent.ResourceDeploymentChangeListener.validateManifestRuntimeSettings(ResourceDeploymentChangeListener.java:74)
    at com.quest.glue.core.deployment.DeploymentManager.processAgentsDir(DeploymentManager.java:692)
    at com.quest.glue.core.deployment.DeploymentManager.deployArchive(DeploymentManager.java:405)
    at com.quest.glue.core.comms.handlers.DeployAgentArchiveListener.newDownstreamMessage(DeployAgentArchiveListener.java:111)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor37.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.quest.common.util15.ConcurrentListenerManager$Handler.invoke(ConcurrentListenerManager.java:149)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy33.newDownstreamMessage(Unknown Source)
    at com.quest.glue.common.comms.queues.AbstractIncomingQueue.newDownstreamMessage(AbstractIncomingQueue.java:412)
    at com.quest.glue.common.comms.queues.AbstractIncomingQueue.newMessage(AbstractIncomingQueue.java:346)
    at com.quest.glue.common.comms.queues.MultithreadedIncomingQueue$Executor.call(MultithreadedIncomingQueue.java:261)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  • Hi,

This is what i was talking about:
    "the addition of 3 GB to the negotiated JVM Max heap size would adjust to 4 GB, which would exceed the total available physical memory of 2 GB. "

Your FGLAM is 32 or 64bit ?
    I am not sure if and how you can deploy a vmware agent in a 32bit FGLAM. I think that 32bit fglams have a 2GB limit.
  • Hi George,

it's a 32bit... FoglightVDesktops-5_7_5-install_windows-ia32.exe the default which comes with vWorkspace
  • To be honest, i am not familiar with this specific edition!

Do you have any agents deployed in the embedded FGLAM (Administration/Agents/Agent Status) ?

How many VMs do you have in your Vcenter ?
  • Hi George,

Yes I do have all the Hyper-v where the vWorkspace environment is running is added successfully using the Discovery Wizard, and it failed on the VMWare/vCenter environment during the Wizard. When I attempt to add the vmware environment manually, it gives me the above error. FGLAM low memory.

regards,
  • That seems to be the root cause. See if you can install an additional FglAM or replace that one with a 64 bit release, it should allow you to deploy VMware agents.