This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DBSS - Days Since Last Backup

I want to modify the above rule. We have few servers that are utilizing AAG and the database backups are happening on the secondary servers. However, we still get the alert from primary server that the databases are not getting backed up. Is there a way around this.

Thanks.

• Hello Rohit,

You can modify the rule from the agent settings for one or multiple database instances.

There are two ways, from the main Database dashboard mark the instance or instances and go to the setting button - then choose Administration.

Or in any drill-down view go to the setting icon at the upper - right side.

Then choose to the Alarms option at the left menu, filter or navigate to the rule.

Finally you can edit the rule, modify the threshold or adding exceptions.

Don't forget save the changes.

I hope this work for you.

Regards,

• Hi Rohit,

Beginning with the 5.7.5.35 SQL Server cartridge, the backup alarm should take fn_hadr_backup_is_preferred_replica into account. If your current cartridge is not at this level, I would recommend upgrading to the latest release. For newer cartridges, I would suggest opening a Support Request for a more detailed examination of the issue.

John
  • Hi,
    I have the same scenario.. I have implemented below code to avoid (restoring/Read only Databases)

---
    objs = #!DBSS_Availability_Groups_Databases where database_name=$scope.name and agent.agentID=$scope.agent.agentID#.topologyObjects
    //get the instance name
    name = scope.controller.name;
    if (name != null)
    name = name.replace("-" , "\\");

//set a default
    role = 'NONE'
    for (obj in objs) {
    //check if the current object is from the same instance
    if (obj.controller.name.equals(name)) {
    //get the latest value from the 'role' property
    obs = server.DataService.retrieveLatestValue(obj.controller , "role");
    if (obs != null) {
    // return the role value : PRIMARY , SECONDERY
    role= obs.getValue();
    }
    }
    }

//if not found any match return the default value
    //return role

if(#db_status# == "Normal" && role == "PRIMARY")
    {
    condition = (#DBSS_days_since_last_backup_For_Rule# >= registry("DBSS-DatabasesDaysSinceLastBackup_Medium"));
    return Dbwc_Common_SQL_Server_IsNeedToSendAlarm(scope, "DBSS - Days Since Last Backup", "3", condition);
    } else if (#db_status# == "Normal" && role == "NONE")
    {
    condition = (#DBSS_days_since_last_backup_For_Rule# >= registry("DBSS-DatabasesDaysSinceLastBackup_Medium"));
    return Dbwc_Common_SQL_Server_IsNeedToSendAlarm(scope, "DBSS - Days Since Last Backup", "3", condition);
    }
    --