This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

foglight dashboard rotation download

Hi,
where can the Dashboard rotation cartridge (v2?) be downloaded from?

www.quest.com/.../foglight-dashboard-rotation

this old link doesnt seem to work any more as well

communities.quest.com/.../DOC-10301

thank you,
Eli

• Hello Eli,

here is the file - I will see if I can get the blog entry fixed.

Be aware that the add-on was created for Foglight 5.6.2. I just done a quick test with version 5.7.5.8 and it works ok so far.

If you run into any issues, please contact our PSO team as they are responsible for such customizations. You can contact the PSO team here.

Here the file:

DashboardRotation-2_0_0.zip

If you have issues downloading the file, let me know.

Regards

Nicola

• Hi Nicola,
    Thank you very much for this!
    Have a great day,
    Eli
  • Hello Nicola,
    we find this Custom Dashboard great.

But we would like to add some views that are not listed... is there any way we could add some custom View IDs?

Thank you and regards,
    Eneko
  • Hi Eneko,

yes, the rotating views are very nice.

I do not know straight out of my head how new views can be added to the selection window.

But maybe one of our PSO guys who created these dashboards know. If no one replies until Monday, I will ping them to get this thread updated.

Which view(s) are you looking for?

Cheers
    Nicola
  • Hi Nicola,
    yes we would like to add some more views from Exchange Environment.

At the moment we are only able to add next views:
    - "Exchange Environment" with ViewID: system:exchange.exViewExchangeEnvironmentTabs
    - "Exchange Alarms" with ViewID: system:exchange.exViewExchangeAlarms

We would like to be able to add other views also from Exchange Environment, but those that are shown under Health Check tab like:
    - "Clusters Health Check View" with ViewID: system:exchange_cluster.excClustersHealthCheckView
    - "Exchange Server Health Check View" with ViewID: system:exchange_server.excServerHealthCheckView

Thank you,

Eneko

• Hi Eneko,

in order to make any dashboard visible on the "add rotated views" view you should add "Dashboard" purpose to the desired dashboard. Please find attached the screenshot for the steps how to do this.

1. Goto Configuration -> Definitions
    2. Find Exchange module and click
    3. Search for desired dashboard, in this case for "excServerHealthCheckView" and select the dashboard
    4. Click on Edit button and insert "Dashboard" on purpose field.
    5. Save

After these steps you should see the dashboard in the insert list of "add rotated views".

Restriction: If there are any contextual inputs in the dashboard, you will not be able to insert it to the rotation view as the dashboard will not function. Rotation view cannot provide these values to the dashboard. In the above dashboard "excServerHealthCheckView" there is one input called "clusterHealths", which is optional and therefore can be ignored. In case of "required" it must be filled in.

Regards,

Hurshid Kadirov

• Hi Hurshid,

thank you for your response.

We have added "Dashboard" on purpose field and the now we are able to see it within the list of views available to add to the Rotating Views, but as you said, it does not work properly since there are contextual inputs... how could we solve this situation?

Thank you and regards,

Eneko