This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do you run a custom sql script in a Foglight Rule?

We want to run the following query in a custom rule:

SELECT name, is_disabled, is_policy_checked
FROM sys.sql_logins
WHERE is_policy_checked = 0 AND is_disabled = 0
ORDER BY name;  

We want a alarm to fire if the condition is true on any of the instances in Foglight.

What is the best way to run a query within a rule?  Is it possible?

Parents
  • with just #Login_Count#  I get an error

com.quest.nitro.service.sl.interfaces.scripting.ScriptingException: com.quest.nitro.service.sl.interfaces.scripting.ScriptUndefinedObservationException: undefined observation (present but empty observed data for topology object 832d37ef-6607-48d5-943f-4bcdbcdc694f) in query: Login_Count ----script start------ #Login_Count# ---- script end ------

with #Login_Count# > 0 I get

com.quest.nitro.service.scripting.errors.noisy.OptionalDataMissingScriptServerException: Login_Count (script: 95030b7713a5ad5288cd6278e7283971)

But I have a count as shown below:

• with just #Login_Count#  I get an error

com.quest.nitro.service.sl.interfaces.scripting.ScriptingException: com.quest.nitro.service.sl.interfaces.scripting.ScriptUndefinedObservationException: undefined observation (present but empty observed data for topology object 832d37ef-6607-48d5-943f-4bcdbcdc694f) in query: Login_Count ----script start------ #Login_Count# ---- script end ------

with #Login_Count# > 0 I get

com.quest.nitro.service.scripting.errors.noisy.OptionalDataMissingScriptServerException: Login_Count (script: 95030b7713a5ad5288cd6278e7283971)

But I have a count as shown below:

Children
No Data