This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Script the addition of a new sql instance with litespeed to the central repository without the GUI

We are automating the install of litespeed to go along with our automated sql build/configuration process.  One step I cannot find scripting information for is how to register the new instance with the central repository so it shows up in the list of registered servers in the GUI without having to manually add it there.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Parents
  • Hey Ben, I guess I will open a support ticket. What you recommended worked, the problem is, the ONLY way I get new instances to appear is to do those steps again. In short:

1. I verify the instance is NOT in the LiteSpeedCentral.dbo.LiteSpeedServer table.
    2. I run ActivityManager.exe on the instance.
    3. I verify I NOW see an entry for the server in LiteSpeedCentral.dbo.LiteSpeedServer table.
    4. I refresh the Central Repository connection from the LiteSpeed Console - I don't see it.
    5. I disconnect from the Central Repository in the console and reconnect - I don't see it.
    6. I shut down the app, re-open, I don't see it.
    7. Only be repeating the steps you outlined above will the Console show the new instance.

The ideal situation is a new instance is added, the install process we use will manually fire off the ActivityManager.exe and a refresh of the Central Repository connection would show the new instance.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate you trying to help me through this,
    Keith
  • Hey Ben, I guess I will open a support ticket. What you recommended worked, the problem is, the ONLY way I get new instances to appear is to do those steps again. In short:

1. I verify the instance is NOT in the LiteSpeedCentral.dbo.LiteSpeedServer table.
    2. I run ActivityManager.exe on the instance.
    3. I verify I NOW see an entry for the server in LiteSpeedCentral.dbo.LiteSpeedServer table.
    4. I refresh the Central Repository connection from the LiteSpeed Console - I don't see it.
    5. I disconnect from the Central Repository in the console and reconnect - I don't see it.
    6. I shut down the app, re-open, I don't see it.
    7. Only be repeating the steps you outlined above will the Console show the new instance.

The ideal situation is a new instance is added, the install process we use will manually fire off the ActivityManager.exe and a refresh of the Central Repository connection would show the new instance.

Thanks again, I really do appreciate you trying to help me through this,
    Keith
Children
No Data