This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving users first using MM for AD - Mailboxes later

I'm moving users to a new greenfield domain using MM for AD. So, I have a couple questions.

Do I need to use the syncexchangerelatedobjects.xml file? If so, I'm already using SourceLyncSupport.xml for Lync, so do I need to combine them into one .xml file?

Once the users are moved, I know I can manually convert the mailboxes into linked mailboxes and point them at the target. Can I instead just re-migrate the users with the 'Enable Target' and Disable Source' boxes checked, and that will do it? Will that burn a license?

• Since you are only executing an AD migration, there is no need for either XML file. They are meant for other use cases.

Yes, you can use a migration session to enable the target and disable the source. It will consume a license, but if the user has already consumed a license it will not count. In short you can migrate the same object over and over and it will only consume 1 license for the object.