This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configuration options in dialog box prompting restart for logged-in users?

Hi - this is a generic kind of question as I don't yet have access to the QMM console and we have contractors performing our migration, working remotely.

I was wondering how much customization is possible in the dialog box that prompts Windows users to restart (note that I haven't yet seen *this* myself either). 

1. What's the maximum amount of time they can delay?
  2. Can they click Postpone?
  3. Can the message be configured to pop up / nag them again at repeated intervals, and finally *force* a restart after X hours/days/whatever?
  4. Is there room to include custom text that explains in more detail what is happening, how they need to log in again, what they may experience, how to get support, etc. ?

Thanks - I think we are on the latest version, or at least close to, of QMM for AD. 

Parents
  • Thank you - this is the most I've been able to see of the options as I don't have any access and it's been difficult to get answers from the team doing the work (I have been asking). I know the discovery and processing are not schedulable.

Not sure whether the postpone option you think might be useful, but is it possible to use a script during processing to create a custom scheduled task? I was looking at the Sysinternals PSShutdown utility, which does allow for a user to cancel during a countdown (not quite the same thing, but).
  • Thank you - this is the most I've been able to see of the options as I don't have any access and it's been difficult to get answers from the team doing the work (I have been asking). I know the discovery and processing are not schedulable.

Not sure whether the postpone option you think might be useful, but is it possible to use a script during processing to create a custom scheduled task? I was looking at the Sysinternals PSShutdown utility, which does allow for a user to cancel during a countdown (not quite the same thing, but).
Children
No Data