This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Powershell Error - Can't get settings from ADAM

Hi there,

I am trying to access QMMEX Powershell module. I am able to load it but I get an error message when I try to run get-organizationProperties cmdlet. I need to set the source Autodiscover URL.

"Can't get settings from ADAM"

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell> Get-OrganizationPropertie
s
Are you sure that product is installed?
Can't get settings from ADAM
At C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell\MMExPowerShell.psm1:189
char:13
+             throw [Exception] "Can't get settings from ADAM"
+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Can't get settings from ADAM

Am I missing any previous steps?

Thanks

• The accounts you are logged on with, running the PS command has to be an account with access into the QMM project. Can you confirm that?
  • Yes, I am logged into the QMMEX console/server using the service account that is accessing the project. I tried Runas as well with the same account. Same error message.

Thanks.
  • Make sure there aren't any firewalls that might be enabled blocking the powershell connection. Did you install the product that is different from the default settings like the AD LDS port number?
  • So your info above has Get-Org... and it should be Get-MMExOrg... (8.14) or Get-DMMExOrg...(8.13 or lower).

Where is AD LDS installed? Same Server or remote server?
  • Here is an example of an error if the AD LDS instance is down (The service is stopped in this case) 

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell> Get-MMExOrganizationPrope
    rties
    Get-SqlSettings : Exception calling "Open" with "0" argument(s): "Error 0xe100002c. Cannot make the LDAP connection
    with host: MIGCONSOLE port: 389.
    LDAP error 0x51. Server Down (empty). "
    At C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell\MMExPowerShell.psm1:191
    char:32
    +         $SqlConnectionString = Get-SqlSettings -registryAdamSetting $x
    +                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-SqlSettings

ExecuteCommand : Invalid database
    At C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell\MMExPowerShell.psm1:217
    char:12
    +     return ExecuteCommand -connectionString $sql -query $query -parameters @{'@N ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,ExecuteCommand

Cannot index into a null array.
    At C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell\MMExPowerShell.psm1:397
    char:9
    +     if ($version[0] -ne (GetDBVersion))
    +         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NullArray

Get-OrganizationPropertiesInternal : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'sql' because it is null.
    At C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell\MMExPowerShell.psm1:2098
    char:58
    +         $props = Get-OrganizationPropertiesInternal -sql $sql -fqdn $FQDN
    +                                                          ~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Get-OrganizationPropertiesInternal], ParameterBindingValidationExcepti
       on
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Get-OrganizationPropertiesInternal

• No, there are no firewalls between AD LDS servers and QMMEX Console. Also using the default 389 port.
  • AD LDS is on a different server on the same subnet and no firewalls.

With regards to the cmdlets. I dont see Get-MMExOrg.. Here are the list of cmdlets in the module.

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Sata\Tools\MMExPowerShell> Get-Command -Module MMEXPowershell

CommandType Name ModuleName
    ----------- ---- ----------
    Function Get-Collection MMExPowerShell
    Function Get-CollectionStatistics MMExPowerShell
    Function Get-MailboxStatistics MMExPowerShell
    Function Get-OrganizationProperties MMExPowerShell
    Function Get-ProjectOptions MMExPowerShell
    Function Reset-Collection MMExPowerShell
    Function Reset-OrganizationProperties MMExPowerShell
    Function Reset-ProjectOptions MMExPowerShell
    Function Set-Collection MMExPowerShell
    Function Set-CurrentProject MMExPowerShell
    Function Set-OrganizationProperties MMExPowerShell
    Function Set-ProjectOptions MMExPowerShell
  • Here is the full error (same as the initial post)

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell> Get-OrganizationProperties
    Are you sure that product is installed?
    Can't get settings from ADAM
    At C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Migration Manager\Exchange Data\Tools\MMExPowerShell\MMExPowerShell.psm1:189
    char:13
    + throw [Exception] "Can't get settings from ADAM"
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Can't get settings from ADAM
  • Silly question: (though it hasn't been asked so here goes) - Are you running this in an x86 Powershell window? I believe this is still required for the QMM cmdlets.