This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CLI to list savesets

I have over 1PB (logically) of data to review and expire to free up disk on 2 dr-4100s. This is over 50,000 jobs/indicies/etc. The GUI is cumbersome and it will take weeks to go through everything job by job. The load time alone to get to the oldest set is 3-5 minutes (Load more 3 times) and then the list has to refresh once an operation is performed on one or more savesets.

I know that I can input a list of savesets into nvexpiresaveset and have it do the work for me but getting the information is the problem. Is there a CLI option to list savesets from disk storage? All the CLI utilities seem to be geared towards tape media.

Parents
  • "nvmediadetails -all" will list all savesets on all media (disk, tape, etc). The saveset numbers are also included in the output., as well as other pertinent information about the savesets. This output is very easy to parse and drive other commands. For example, you could easily make a script expired savesets older than a specific date.
  • "nvmediadetails -all" will list all savesets on all media (disk, tape, etc). The saveset numbers are also included in the output., as well as other pertinent information about the savesets. This output is very easy to parse and drive other commands. For example, you could easily make a script expired savesets older than a specific date.
Children
No Data