What's the difference between Windwos Hybrid and Pure64 releases ?

Hi,

Could someone explain me what are difference because when it's not possible to upgrade from one to the other.

Regards

Parents
  • Hi again
    I think the main aspect of using the Pure64 build is to mainly address memory usage whereas Pure64 builds can utilize more memory than their 32bit counterparts.
    I don't know you would see a huge difference unless there would be a difference to see in the first place. In other words, if you had an Exchange Server that was on a 64bit server and the client was running sluggish on it in some aspect, or the Exchange Plugin was slow to load, then you upgraded to the Pure64bit client and Pure64 Exchange Plugin, you may notice a difference in response in some cases.
    That being said, NV only really uses a systems shared memory, and by default, its allocated pretty low. You could increase it in the "Performance" settings in the UI which may help utilize more, but at the end of the day, I am not sure the differences are going to be glaringly noticeable.
    That is not to say that you shouldn't install a Pure64 build on 64bit server. As I said, it does allow for more memory usage, so it definitely has the capacity to use more if it is NEEDED.

As far as the availability, most plugins will offer a 32bit build as long as those applications offer 32bit builds. However, there will be some that will move to only 64bit, this is when the plugins will also move to a only 64bit offering.
  • Hi again
    I think the main aspect of using the Pure64 build is to mainly address memory usage whereas Pure64 builds can utilize more memory than their 32bit counterparts.
    I don't know you would see a huge difference unless there would be a difference to see in the first place. In other words, if you had an Exchange Server that was on a 64bit server and the client was running sluggish on it in some aspect, or the Exchange Plugin was slow to load, then you upgraded to the Pure64bit client and Pure64 Exchange Plugin, you may notice a difference in response in some cases.
    That being said, NV only really uses a systems shared memory, and by default, its allocated pretty low. You could increase it in the "Performance" settings in the UI which may help utilize more, but at the end of the day, I am not sure the differences are going to be glaringly noticeable.
    That is not to say that you shouldn't install a Pure64 build on 64bit server. As I said, it does allow for more memory usage, so it definitely has the capacity to use more if it is NEEDED.

As far as the availability, most plugins will offer a 32bit build as long as those applications offer 32bit builds. However, there will be some that will move to only 64bit, this is when the plugins will also move to a only 64bit offering.
Children
No Data