This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating a lot of jobs for archive to tape

Hi!

We recently installed a second Smartdisk running in another server location and thus we have the following setup:

• All jobs run backups to a deduplicated Smartdisk in server location A
  • All jobs have a phase 2 where the backups are data coped to a second deduplicated Smartdisk in server location B

This all works like a charm, in fact backups have never worked this good! We have the Smartdisk in server location B loaded with quite a lot of disk which means that we can have some 3 to 4 weeks of backup jobs available at any time.

Earlier we had the phase 2 making backups to tape but that is not possible any more due to phase 2 being data copy for Smartdisk no. 2 and as far as I know you cannot have a phase 3 in a job.

Now to the question. How would I create archive backup jobs to tape for all my backups jobs without having to create the archive jobs one by one?

Any suggestions?

Parents
  • Yes they will be. We are on capacity edition so we only backup the data we need. Therefore it is quite hard for us to use policy jobs since the backup selections differs a lot between hosts. So we have about 100 different jobs and thus we need 100 different data copy jobs.

I will check it out, thanks!
  • Yes they will be. We are on capacity edition so we only backup the data we need. Therefore it is quite hard for us to use policy jobs since the backup selections differs a lot between hosts. So we have about 100 different jobs and thus we need 100 different data copy jobs.

I will check it out, thanks!
Children
No Data