This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disappearing Saveset

I recently completed a Weekly Backup and noticed the corresponding saveset is missing.

Prior to this I rotated the weekly backup tapes out of the drive, ran a scan from our Dell TL4000's web UI, then went back into netvault and noticed the saveset was missing, however it was visible previously.

Under "Jobs" I clicked on "Create/Restore Job" then looked down the list for the saveset and it was no longer there.

Also other jobs in the list had red dots next to them, where they were previously green.

To fix this I logged out of the Netvault Web UI and restarted the Netvault backup PostgrSQL and Process Manager Services on the backup server, then went back in and checked the list only to see more had turned red.

I'm assuming something has caused the job index to corrupt.

Just been looking through the KB articles & can't seem to see anything on this.

Has anyone come across the same thing & what did you do to fix it?

• Were the tapes you rotated out the ones that contained the saveset?
    If you took the tapes out, put in new/used tapes and did a scan, then NV would scan in the tapes that are in the library. These will be mixed with expired and unexpired savesets. The savesets that were there previously, while still in the NV DB, will show up as red or offline because the tapes were rotated out. The saveset shouldn't be missing, but you also shouldn't need to scan the tapes you brought back, unless you are trying to find a saveset that is no longer in the DB, needed for a restore.

I would suggest trying to scan the tapes you rotated out back in. As for tapes you bring back to be overwritten, there is no need to scan those because they should have expired backups on them and will be overwritten.
  • Hi , Thank you, that explains it. The bigger issue that prompted the posting of this was that the weekly backup ignored the weekly backup tapes we had in there at the time and instead over-wrote the NVDB and one of our daily tapes. I've only ever seen that happen once before but could never figure out why. I'm hoping NetVault's got a setting to stop that from happening only I can't find it. Do you have any suggestions?