This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

++ Disable auto load after tape was unloaded ++

Hello,

I'm using a LTO7 tape drive. After the last job the tape was unloaded. 

Command line I am using:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\NetVault Backup"\util\nvdeviceeject.exe -servername backup01 -devicename LTO7

Log/Job entry.
Sent device eject request...
Sent device eject request successfully!

So far so good. After a while the tape is loaded automatically again. I know there has to be a change in some config file, but I do not find where to change this.

Parents
  • To clarify, you have a LTO7 Tape drive in a tape library correct?
    And, the tape library will load tapes into the drives automatically, but does it unload them again?
    Usually, for a tape to be loaded back into the drive, it would indicate that there is something about the media that needs to get checked, as if something was not being read correctly on the media or the drive is unable to read something on the media.

I don't believe there is a config to change when the drive reads the media in that way. By default, if a media has not yet been identified, the library will pull the tape into the drive(s) to check it. Also, once all media is checked, the drives go IDLE - so it is something with the media that is not letting the drives go into this state.
  • To clarify, you have a LTO7 Tape drive in a tape library correct?
    And, the tape library will load tapes into the drives automatically, but does it unload them again?
    Usually, for a tape to be loaded back into the drive, it would indicate that there is something about the media that needs to get checked, as if something was not being read correctly on the media or the drive is unable to read something on the media.

I don't believe there is a config to change when the drive reads the media in that way. By default, if a media has not yet been identified, the library will pull the tape into the drive(s) to check it. Also, once all media is checked, the drives go IDLE - so it is something with the media that is not letting the drives go into this state.
Children
No Data