This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to identify what apps (Lotus Notes app portfolio has high dependency to mailboxes ?

I would like to know how to check if the apps in the lotus notes databases portfolio that I work on, has high dependency to mailboxes or not ?  

• What kind of criterion can be used as constrain?
  • What kind of scanning progress can be applied to identify the mail dependency ?

Small Note: I use Quest migrator for Notes to SharePoint and already conducted all the detailed scanning processes on my application portfolio. 

Thanks in advance,

CH

• Hello,
    "Dependency on mailboxes" may be a little unspecific to fully answer this question.

The most relevant dependency we encounter is apps that want to directly access mailboxes - these are mostly calendaring apps that want to directly read or write to the calendar (not sending meeting request email), e.g. for team vacation planning. We find these are very relevant because after migration of the email portion of Notes these apps fail to work, even when using a Coexistence solution.
    You will probably need either an advanced Notes code analysis solution, or contact to a well informed Domino admin/developer to pinpoint these apps.

What other dependencies were you thinking of?
    Thanks,
    Peter
  • Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

What I need is to avoid e-mail related failures after the migration of some of the apps to Office365 environment.

Additionally, since some of the lotus notes apps will be left in Lotus Notes environment, I want to make sure their communication with the migrated mailboxes in O365 would not create any failure.

Best regards,
    Cagri