Welcome to the Rapid Recovery Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Data Protection Forums
Rapid Recovery Forum Posts
Data Protection Blog Posts
    • 28 Aug 2017

See a Real Show When You’re in Vegas for VMworld 2017

Rod Stewart. Jay Leno. Jennifer Lopez. Blue Man Group. Cirque du Soleil. Quest Software. What do these have in common? They’re all be putting on shows in Las Vegas during August. And while you may not go home bragging to your friends about seeing the Quest performance, it’s the only show that can lead to a significant improvement in your IT environment. Our shows at VMworld 2017 from August 27-31 feature...
    • 7 Aug 2017

Rapid Recovery - More recovery choices

Do you ever notice that a limited number of options makes achieving goals difficult? For example, when painting a wall, going to a paint store with a large number of paint choices will result with better success than if going to a paint store with a limited selection. When it comes to backup and recovery solutions , Rapid Recovery offers more ways to backup and recover data. Rapid Recovery is an extremely flexible solution...
    • 21 Jun 2017

Microsoft Inspire Tip of the Day: Visit Quest at Booth #1309

My feet hurt. I’m tired of wandering the floor. Who’s got the best giveaways and Microsoft expertise at Inspire? We don’t want to toot our own horn, but…toot, toot! Our giveaways are on point! We’re talking absurd amo...
    • 17 May 2017

How Not to Be the Next Ransomware Victim

We’ve just witnessed one of the most devastating ransomware attacks ever recorded. Last Friday, an estimated 200,000 computers across 150 countries were victims of a global ransomware attack on an unprecedented scale. The UK National Health Service (NHS) was among the known victims. The disruption to services was profound. Many hospitals were forced to cancel treatments and appointments. News reports urged people...
    • 16 May 2017

Reduce Downtime to Increase ROI: 3 Actions Executives Can Take Now

Introduction Working out the potential return on investment on a new server or application is relatively straightforward – if it enables you to do more in less time, profits are likely to go up, making it worth buying. If there are no obvious b...
    • 19 Mar 2017

How to limit the amount of Cache memory used by Exchange Servers with applications to Rapid Recovery using PowerShell (part 2 of 2)

Part one of this blog series may be found here Note: This blog series was supposed to be divided in 3 parts. However, some readers were gracious enough to ask me to publish all remaining material in one post and argued that an excessively long post should not be an issue as long as we walk together to reach the final result. As such, here it is. I apologize to those readers (if any) who would argue in turn that a post...
    • 17 Feb 2017

How to limit the amount of Cache memory used by Exchange Servers using PowerShell with applications to Rapid Recovery (Part 1 of 2)

Part two of this blog series may be found here A few days ago, I was working with a MSP customer that had the same issue on multiple Exchange servers hosted by his own customers. Specifically, in that particular setup, due to the memory-hog behavior of Exchange, other applications including our own Rapid Recovery agent were not performing properly. I suggested that we may attempt reducing the Exchange memory consumption...
    • 1 Feb 2017

The Art of Rapid Recovery: Microsoft Cloud

It was said by Sun Tzu that “the greatest victory is that which requires no battle” Wise words that we can correlate to data loss and data outages. With the prevalence of ransom-ware and the potential for natural or unnatural disas...
    • 31 Jan 2017

Do you test your backups?

As I talk to customers these days, they all typically have a system set up to back up their data. “What do you do to back up your data?” I’ll ask. Customers dive right in, talking about the different software in use. Sure, there may...
    • 31 Jan 2017

Leveraging Microsoft Azure for Offsite Data Storage and Disaster Recovery

How do I get my data offsite? One of the most important items in a good backup and disaster recovery strategy is making sure that data is redundantly stored at a location beyond just the primary site. It’s important because, if something happen...