This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What do I do when I receive no tech communication for a week?

I have not heard from the tech for a request I originally submitted the beginning of March. The last communication was 3/15/17. How do I escalate my problem? This is getting ridiculous. The support quality has dropped significantly in the last 6 months. 

• Hi Stephen,

What's the SR number you are referring to? I'll get with our management and get this escalated for you asap.

Tim
  • Another way to escalate this is to call into our support line and let them know you'd like to escalate the case. The front line people should route you to a manager to discuss the issue.
  • Call this number and have the case reassigned

support.quest.com/contact-support

You will probably have to do this several times before you find one that will work your issue. I am guessing but it seems like a lot of techs are off-shore or in a new location and have consumer level product support practices (and management styles) vs any enterprise level ones
  • 3931324, But this case is moot at this point. I can not get AppAssure to run at all.

See 3965396

What has happened to support? It was top of the line.
  • Hi Stephen:

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing. It looks that SR#3965396 was opened because you were not able to find core services, the case was picked up by one of our senior engineers and he was attempting to reach you over the phone about 15 minutes ago.

Since the services issue may be of interest to other customers upgrading from AppAssure 5.4.3 to Rapid Recovery 6.1.x, I want to mention here how to find them.

Rapid Recovery has now 5 services. All but one are named  to include RapidRecovery in their name. One contains Dell in the name.

The list of the Rapid Recovery Services is shown below:

Status  Name                     DisplayName                                              

------  ----                     -----------                                              

Running DellDRLogSvc             DellDRLogSvc                                              

Running RapidRecoveryAgent       Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery Agent Service      

Running RapidRecoveryCore        Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery Core Service        

Running RapidRecoveryMongod      Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery MongoDB service    

Running RapidRecoveryVMwareProxy Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery VMware Proxy Service

To quickly list them with their complete names/displaynames via PowerShell you can run the following commandlet:

PS C:\Temp> get-service rapid*,dell* | ft -AutoSize

When you need to shut down the core, you need to stop the core service (RapidRecoveryCore) using the same procedure as for AppAssure and after it stops, you need to check the other services that may still be running. The easiest way is to check via PoserShell as shown below.

PS C:\Temp> get-service rapid*,dell*

and, then run

PS C:\Temp> stop-service rapid*,delldrlogsvc

as, at this time the stopping order does not matter anymore since the Core service is already stopped.

I included the full name of the Dell* service as you may have other dell related services running in your environment.

Hope that this helps.