This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Standby option server time issue

Hello,

I have an issue, i create a standby option backup from esxi to hyper-v and that occurs every hour, the problem is that the VM datetime keeps get changed.

After some digging i found the problem is rapidrecovery... when the process start the vm update the current hour +1... is a SQL Vm so the problem is big...

example

- time 14H00

- rapid recover start a backup

- Windows VM change time to 15:01

- Rapid recover reports sucess backup from 14H

Then about 30 minutes later the Windows Vm resync the time and change it for 14:30... after the process repeats..

Parents
  • To clarify, what system are you experiencing the time change? Is the time in Windows on the production server changing? Or is the time in Windows on the standby VM and that does not have the correct time on it? Or are we talking about a different time stamp altogether.

When an export is done (which is the virtual standby) it does not touch the production machine, it pulls the RP from the repo and uses that data to update the standby VM. The backup touches the production machine/VM, not the virtual standby.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around what you're describing.
  • To clarify, what system are you experiencing the time change? Is the time in Windows on the production server changing? Or is the time in Windows on the standby VM and that does not have the correct time on it? Or are we talking about a different time stamp altogether.

When an export is done (which is the virtual standby) it does not touch the production machine, it pulls the RP from the repo and uses that data to update the standby VM. The backup touches the production machine/VM, not the virtual standby.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around what you're describing.
Children
No Data