This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Standby option server time issue

Hello,

I have an issue, i create a standby option backup from esxi to hyper-v and that occurs every hour, the problem is that the VM datetime keeps get changed.

After some digging i found the problem is rapidrecovery... when the process start the vm update the current hour +1... is a SQL Vm so the problem is big...

example

- time 14H00

- rapid recover start a backup

- Windows VM change time to 15:01

- Rapid recover reports sucess backup from 14H

Then about 30 minutes later the Windows Vm resync the time and change it for 14:30... after the process repeats..

Parents
  • If we are talking about agent-less backups for VMware then actually RR is not touching the VM itself during the backup process. The api call is made to either the VC or the esxi host to take a quiesced snapshot of the VM, which VMware will then engage. Thus, if you are experiencing this time delay on the local OS during the process of taking and closing a snapshot you should be able to duplicate this simply through vSphere outside of RR. What happens if you go into vSphere and take a quiesced snapshot of the VM outside of RR entirely? Same before. Be absolutely sure however you are doing a quiesced snapshot, as that is what we are requesting by default from the RR console (unless you disabled it through our GUI). I'd venture to say that the same behavior presents itself, if only due to the fact that our core doesn't actually 'touch' the VMs themselves.
  • If we are talking about agent-less backups for VMware then actually RR is not touching the VM itself during the backup process. The api call is made to either the VC or the esxi host to take a quiesced snapshot of the VM, which VMware will then engage. Thus, if you are experiencing this time delay on the local OS during the process of taking and closing a snapshot you should be able to duplicate this simply through vSphere outside of RR. What happens if you go into vSphere and take a quiesced snapshot of the VM outside of RR entirely? Same before. Be absolutely sure however you are doing a quiesced snapshot, as that is what we are requesting by default from the RR console (unless you disabled it through our GUI). I'd venture to say that the same behavior presents itself, if only due to the fact that our core doesn't actually 'touch' the VMs themselves.
Children
No Data