This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

adding a new disk to storage array to expand repository size

I have a 6TB repository on a NAS storage array that is getting full. I've added an additional 2TB drive to the array but haven't yet done anything with allocating it, creating partition, etc. The partition that I have created for the repository is "G", but for some reason, it's shown in the drive management screen in 2 parts. The new 2TB is shown unallocated to the right of the G's.

Questions:

1. Can a repository simply be expanded/enlarged or do I have to add a storage location to the repository?

2. depending on the answer to #1

- if I can expand the repository, can I simply select the Repository G partition immediately to the left of the unallocated space and expand it into the new space without screwing up the repository that currently resides there?

- if I have to "Add storage location" to increase the size of the repository, should I create a new partition in the unallocated space instead of expanding the existing G partition?

Parents
  • thanks. I see it in the core UI. My issue now is that I can't expand the partition into the unallocated space (or create a new simple volume). I get an error that there is not enough disk space to perform this action. Not a Quest software issue I know.
  • thanks. I see it in the core UI. My issue now is that I can't expand the partition into the unallocated space (or create a new simple volume). I get an error that there is not enough disk space to perform this action. Not a Quest software issue I know.
Children
No Data