This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting license for AppAssure v4

Hello,

a customer has a couple of 2008 (not r2) servers and wants to use AppAssure 4.7.

I understand Rapid Recovery is/was AppAssure. Is there a way to get a license for 4.7?

If not, does Rapid Recovery support 2008 (not R2)? My search results seems to indicate not.

Thanks.

V.

Parents
  • Hi VicO,

Rapid Recovery improves upon many features and functions of Replay, including supporting the new OSs and technologies. Because of this, in many cases new hardware and OS will be required to configure and operate RR without issue. Also with RR, I wouldn't recommend using several USB drives to create the repository in a RR environment. as this can cause complications with the amounts of IO hitting these devices.

RR is not a drop in replacement. The best approach for the upgrade path would be to keep the hard drives with the Replay recovery points safe. If there is a need to restore the old data you can spin up a Replay core (VM or physical) and attach the storage to that system. The steps in this KB would then be used to view those recovery points: support.quest.com/.../117499

To begin thinking about getting started on a RR Core, I recommend reviewing the install and upgrade guide, as well as take a look at one of our DL appliances.

support.quest.com/.../

www.quest.com/.../
  • Hi VicO,

Rapid Recovery improves upon many features and functions of Replay, including supporting the new OSs and technologies. Because of this, in many cases new hardware and OS will be required to configure and operate RR without issue. Also with RR, I wouldn't recommend using several USB drives to create the repository in a RR environment. as this can cause complications with the amounts of IO hitting these devices.

RR is not a drop in replacement. The best approach for the upgrade path would be to keep the hard drives with the Replay recovery points safe. If there is a need to restore the old data you can spin up a Replay core (VM or physical) and attach the storage to that system. The steps in this KB would then be used to view those recovery points: support.quest.com/.../117499

To begin thinking about getting started on a RR Core, I recommend reviewing the install and upgrade guide, as well as take a look at one of our DL appliances.

support.quest.com/.../

www.quest.com/.../
Children
No Data