Welcome to the SharePlex Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Database Management Forums
SharePlex Forum Posts
SharePlex Blog Posts
    • 20 Oct 2017

Zero downtime. Zero stress. Discover SharePlex data replication.

(Please visit the site to view this video) Got a database migration in your future? Then you’ve got to see this video. You’ll learn how SharePlex® supports nearly any database platform, helping you migrate to new technologies – without the fear of downtime or data loss. And SharePlex doesn’t stop there. You can use SharePlex data replication for everything from offloading reporting for...
    • 19 Oct 2017

Don’t Be Like the Titanic! SharePlex Can Save You!

We all know the story of the Titanic and its sinking. Everyone thought it was unsinkable and with that mindset, there were never any thoughts on making sure there were enough life boats. Even after it hit the iceberg, many of the passengers refused to believe that is was actually going to sink until it was too late. Don’t be like the designers who designed Titanic. It had the very best of everything, but this...
    • 17 Oct 2017

Financial company cashes in with SharePlex for reliable database replication

EPX provides electronic funds processing for debit and credit cards, electronic check transactions, and other financial transfers. The company interfaces with all the major credit card organizations as well as the federal banking community and all of the international funds exchange institutions. On average, EPX processes about 2 million financial transactions a day — and with their clientele, the pressure couldn’t...
    • 12 Oct 2017

SharePlex pumps performance and analytics for Bodybuilders.com

The great thing about SharePlex is that it does so many cool things. Here’s a case in point. Bodybuilders.com, the world’s most-visited fitness website, tracks trends by using a hefty business intelligence (BI) program. Knowing what customers want and what they’re doing on the site has helped Bodybuilders.com maintain its edge — but too many reports running daily began to slow the site down....
    • 19 Sep 2017

Virtualize Oracle Databases like an Oracle ACE

Imagine a world where your system administrator provisions a fully functional Linux server that’s patched with all the up-to-date kernel parameters, device drivers and configurations in just one hour. Come on. For real? Yep. Now imagine this: ...
    • 7 Sep 2017

Your Oracle OpenWorld (OOW) Survival Guide

Holy tradeshow chaos! Look at these humans everywhere – all up in your biz! The sweaty handshakes, the names you won’t remember, the pressure to buy products. You had to put on pants. Your “nice” shirt is slowly and methodic...
    • 21 Jul 2017

SharePlex and Jim Clark, the best of the best!

For those of you who don’t know me. I love racing. I love Formula 1 racing and even more so I love the “Golden Age” of Formula 1 racing before all the electronics and ground effects. Back when it was driver against driver and you had to know how to drift through a turn at full throttle. Jim Clark was one of those drivers. He was born with the natural ability to control a race car through any type of...
    • 29 Jun 2017

Challenges in the Clouds

I’ve been interested in weather, meteorology and clouds in the sky for as long as I can remember; which may explain why one of my favorite songs is Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now”. I’ve learned that some clouds are pretty, and harmless; but other clouds can bring bad weather and storms. As computing continues to move toward “The Cloud”; it’s easy to discover “I really...
    • 23 Jun 2017

SharePlex Optimistic Commit Explained

So the other day, as I was using a taxi to get to the airport for a flight. I was watching all the traffic on the freeway and it got me thinking about SharePlex’s optimistic commit feature and a taxi are similar. How can SharePlex and a taxi have anything in common you ask? Well they are both responsible for moving something from one point to another with as little latency or delay as possible. Optimistic commit...
    • 15 Jun 2017

Announcing SharePlex 9.0, the next major release. What’s in it for you?

In a 2017 survey, we asked our customers what database technologies power their most important applications — you know, the biggies: finance, CRM, HR and so forth. It’s no surprise that Oracle and SQL Server were the top two. What’s telling, in a survey of over 250 unique organizations, is that 70 percent of the time, it’s Oracle and SQL Server databases that power their most critical applications...
More Content