Welcome to the SharePlex Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Database Management Forums
SharePlex Forum Posts
SharePlex Blog Posts
    • 19 Sep 2017

Virtualize Oracle Databases like an Oracle ACE

Imagine a world where your system administrator provisions a fully functional Linux server that’s patched with all the up-to-date kernel parameters, device drivers and configurations in just one hour. Come on. For real? Yep. Now imagine this: ...
    • 7 Sep 2017

Your Oracle OpenWorld (OOW) Survival Guide

Holy tradeshow chaos! Look at these humans everywhere – all up in your biz! The sweaty handshakes, the names you won’t remember, the pressure to buy products. You had to put on pants. Your “nice” shirt is slowly and methodic...
    • 21 Jul 2017

SharePlex and Jim Clark, the best of the best!

For those of you who don’t know me. I love racing. I love Formula 1 racing and even more so I love the “Golden Age” of Formula 1 racing before all the electronics and ground effects. Back when it was driver against driver and you had to know how to drift through a turn at full throttle. Jim Clark was one of those drivers. He was born with the natural ability to control a race car through any type of...
    • 29 Jun 2017

Challenges in the Clouds

I’ve been interested in weather, meteorology and clouds in the sky for as long as I can remember; which may explain why one of my favorite songs is Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now”. I’ve learned that some clouds are pretty, and harmless; but other clouds can bring bad weather and storms. As computing continues to move toward “The Cloud”; it’s easy to discover “I really...
    • 23 Jun 2017

SharePlex Optimistic Commit Explained

So the other day, as I was using a taxi to get to the airport for a flight. I was watching all the traffic on the freeway and it got me thinking about SharePlex’s optimistic commit feature and a taxi are similar. How can SharePlex and a taxi have anything in common you ask? Well they are both responsible for moving something from one point to another with as little latency or delay as possible. Optimistic commit...
    • 15 Jun 2017

Announcing SharePlex 9.0, the next major release. What’s in it for you?

In a 2017 survey, we asked our customers what database technologies power their most important applications — you know, the biggies: finance, CRM, HR and so forth. It’s no surprise that Oracle and SQL Server were the top two. What’s telling, in a survey of over 250 unique organizations, is that 70 percent of the time, it’s Oracle and SQL Server databases that power their most critical applications...
    • 12 Jun 2017

New Chapter: SharePlex 9.0 SQL Server Capture

Having worked with SharePlex for the last seventeen years, it is exciting to see SharePlex capture can now replicate data from non-Oracle database SQL Server for the first time. It is very easy to set up and looks and feels just like SharePlex for Oracle. The current 9.0 release supports SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2016 on both source and target running on windows 2012. You can replicate from on...
    • 1 May 2017

Use Compare and Repair to Keep SharePlex Replication From the Dark Side

"There has been great disturbance in the Force". In the SharePlex galaxy, we call that "out of sync". In a recent blog, SharePlex Jedi Mark Kurtz introduced us to the SharePlex Compare and Repair commands . Here are some additional best practices that that you can use to help bring balance back to the Force in your galaxy. Make Frequent Use of Compare While Post does a great job of detecting...
    • 10 Apr 2017

SharePlex Initial Database Load

SharePlex is a data replication tool that reads changes from the Oracle Redo Logs and then replicates those changes in near-real time from a source database to one or more target databases. Because SharePlex replicates only changes, the target databa...
    • 6 Apr 2017

Exception handling by SharePlex when dealing with out of sync?

The conventional methodology followed by SharePlex and most other replication solutions is to ignore out of sync DML within a transaction while applying rest of the successful DML to the target database. A transaction may span one or more objects, each having one or more rows, or DML. When posting that transaction, if any row runs into out of sync conditions, the default behavior is to simply discard that row, record...
More Content