Welcome to the SharePlex Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Database Management Forums
SharePlex Forum Posts
SharePlex Blog Posts
    • 17 Apr 2018

Transformation, Partitioning and Selective Replication with SharePlex

Customers often ask “Can SharePlex do transformation?”. Often, what they’re really asking is, “Can SharePlex selectively replicate rows or columns?” or “Can SharePlex move data from one column in the source, to a different column in the target?” For Oracle to Oracle replication, the answer to all three of these questions is, “Yes!” For Oracle to all other targets...
    • 21 Mar 2018

IT Telepathy: Predicting Database Migration Trends

By reviewing the results of a recent DBTA survey, we can see what you and other DBAs dealt with last year – and what’s coming your way soon.
    • 8 Mar 2018

Save Your Nails With SharePlex!

We all love doing migrations, upgrades and patches on our production databases. The thrill and excitement of hoping nothing will happen just brings joy to a DBA’s heart. This is usually the time where our fingernails can take the brunt of our joy. What if something happens during the migration/upgrade that causes an extended outage, what if we find a bug after the migration, what if….what if… and there...
    • 6 Mar 2018

3 Surprising Steps to a Successful Cloud Migration

The whole cloud migration thing’s a little overwhelming, isn’t it? I mean, where do you even begin? Moving to this huge, new, nebulous platform can feel like a monumental undertaking. And you’re probably feeling the pressure to get there, well, yesterday. But the thing is, it’s okay if you haven’t performed a major cloud migration yet. Because while everyone’s talking about moving...
    • 20 Feb 2018

Migrating to the Cloud? SharePlex 9.1 Makes It Easy.

SharePlex 9.1 is specifically designed to get your data to the cloud without downtime, data loss, business interruption or all the stress from past migrations.
    • 4 Jan 2018

Toad Cross Country Vacation

Woohoo! Just got word that my boss approved my January vacation and now I’ll get the opportunity to check several items off my bucket list as I hop across country to the Quest Database Fed Forum in DC on February 20th . On my First stop I will meet up with SharePlex System Consultant Susan Wong @lasgav for a swim in the Pacific Ocean on New Year’s Day (she tells me; “it’s a thing”)! I am...
    • 27 Nov 2017

Unclog Your IT Plumbing with SharePlex

One of my favorite quotes from Star Trek is Scotty's comment about the new Enterprise in Star Trek III: " The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain ". if you're responsible for IT plumbing, and your job looks like this Quest can help. SharePlex, with multiple use cases for one product, provides a number of tools to improve the interfaces between your databases...
    • 20 Oct 2017

Zero downtime. Zero stress. Discover SharePlex data replication.

(Please visit the site to view this video) Got a database migration in your future? Then you’ve got to see this video. You’ll learn how SharePlex® supports nearly any database platform, helping you migrate to new technologies – without the fear of downtime or data loss. And SharePlex doesn’t stop there. You can use SharePlex data replication for everything from offloading reporting for...
    • 19 Oct 2017

Don’t Be Like the Titanic! SharePlex Can Save You!

We all know the story of the Titanic and its sinking. Everyone thought it was unsinkable and with that mindset, there were never any thoughts on making sure there were enough life boats. Even after it hit the iceberg, many of the passengers refused to believe that is was actually going to sink until it was too late. Don’t be like the designers who designed Titanic. It had the very best of everything, but this...
    • 17 Oct 2017

Financial company cashes in with SharePlex for reliable database replication

EPX provides electronic funds processing for debit and credit cards, electronic check transactions, and other financial transfers. The company interfaces with all the major credit card organizations as well as the federal banking community and all of the international funds exchange institutions. On average, EPX processes about 2 million financial transactions a day — and with their clientele, the pressure couldn’t...
More Content