Welcome to the SharePlex Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Database Management Forums
SharePlex Forum Posts
SharePlex Blog Posts
    • 20 Feb 2018

Migrating to the Cloud? SharePlex 9.1 Makes It Easy.

SharePlex 9.1 is specifically designed to get your data to the cloud without downtime, data loss, business interruption or all the stress from past migrations.
    • 4 Jan 2018

Toad Cross Country Vacation

Woohoo! Just got word that my boss approved my January vacation and now I’ll get the opportunity to check several items off my bucket list as I hop across country to the Quest Database Fed Forum in DC on February 20th . On my First stop I will meet up with SharePlex System Consultant Susan Wong @lasgav for a swim in the Pacific Ocean on New Year’s Day (she tells me; “it’s a thing”)! I am...
    • 27 Nov 2017

Unclog Your IT Plumbing with SharePlex

One of my favorite quotes from Star Trek is Scotty's comment about the new Enterprise in Star Trek III: " The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain ". if you're responsible for IT plumbing, and your job looks like this Quest can help. SharePlex, with multiple use cases for one product, provides a number of tools to improve the interfaces between your databases...
    • 20 Oct 2017

Zero downtime. Zero stress. Discover SharePlex data replication.

(Please visit the site to view this video) Got a database migration in your future? Then you’ve got to see this video. You’ll learn how SharePlex® supports nearly any database platform, helping you migrate to new technologies – without the fear of downtime or data loss. And SharePlex doesn’t stop there. You can use SharePlex data replication for everything from offloading reporting for...
    • 19 Oct 2017

Don’t Be Like the Titanic! SharePlex Can Save You!

We all know the story of the Titanic and its sinking. Everyone thought it was unsinkable and with that mindset, there were never any thoughts on making sure there were enough life boats. Even after it hit the iceberg, many of the passengers refused to believe that is was actually going to sink until it was too late. Don’t be like the designers who designed Titanic. It had the very best of everything, but this...
    • 17 Oct 2017

Financial company cashes in with SharePlex for reliable database replication

EPX provides electronic funds processing for debit and credit cards, electronic check transactions, and other financial transfers. The company interfaces with all the major credit card organizations as well as the federal banking community and all of the international funds exchange institutions. On average, EPX processes about 2 million financial transactions a day — and with their clientele, the pressure couldn’t...
    • 12 Oct 2017

SharePlex pumps performance and analytics for Bodybuilders.com

The great thing about SharePlex is that it does so many cool things. Here’s a case in point. Bodybuilders.com, the world’s most-visited fitness website, tracks trends by using a hefty business intelligence (BI) program. Knowing what customers want and what they’re doing on the site has helped Bodybuilders.com maintain its edge — but too many reports running daily began to slow the site down....
    • 19 Sep 2017

Virtualize Oracle Databases like an Oracle ACE

Imagine a world where your system administrator provisions a fully functional Linux server that’s patched with all the up-to-date kernel parameters, device drivers and configurations in just one hour. Come on. For real? Yep. Now imagine this: ...
    • 7 Sep 2017

Your Oracle OpenWorld (OOW) Survival Guide

Holy tradeshow chaos! Look at these humans everywhere – all up in your biz! The sweaty handshakes, the names you won’t remember, the pressure to buy products. You had to put on pants. Your “nice” shirt is slowly and methodic...
    • 21 Jul 2017

SharePlex and Jim Clark, the best of the best!

For those of you who don’t know me. I love racing. I love Formula 1 racing and even more so I love the “Golden Age” of Formula 1 racing before all the electronics and ground effects. Back when it was driver against driver and you had to know how to drift through a turn at full throttle. Jim Clark was one of those drivers. He was born with the natural ability to control a race car through any type of...
More Content