Welcome to the SharePlex Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Database Management Forums
SharePlex Forum Posts
SharePlex Blog Posts
    • 20 Jan 2017

"Sorry, you're just not my type." - Change Data Types Between Databases

“Sorry, you're just not my type.” The one sentence, no one ever wants to hear, after the first date with someone you thought you had a made a great connection with. The sudden empty feeling in your stomach and the emotional letdown fr...
    • 17 Jan 2017

Important Considerations for SharePlex Open Target Replication

Frequently customers inquire why they experience slow post when replicating to non-oracle target. It turns out that they have only one post queue configured with hundreds of tables being replicated. The solution is simple, set up m...
    • 17 Jan 2017

SharePlex, The MVP of replication football

OK, so remember as a kid coming back to school after winter vacation and the first assignment that always seemed to be given was a 2-page essay on “What did you do for winter vacation." Yuck, how I hated those since most of the time all I ...
    • 16 Jan 2017

Using SharePlex Efficiently – Only Replicate the Data You Need

One of the more attractive features of the SharePlex data replication tool is its ability to be very selective about the data it replicates. If you’re looking at workload offloading, making data more available to your users, building data...
    • 13 Jan 2017

Replicating data? Let's make sure we keep it in sync.

Using SharePlex’s Compare and Repair Utility When replicating data , it is important to make sure that your data stays in sync over time. Out-Of-Sync (OOS) conditions can cause problems with your application, reports, and even compliance SLA’s. There are a lot of reasons for replication, as shown in the graphic below. All of these scenarios can be critical to the success of your organization and in any...
    • 6 Jan 2017

Use SharePlex Analyze to Find Out How Your Application REALLY Works

As a DBA, how many times have you asked yourself, your application team or your vendor, “What tables does this application update?” or, “How many changes does the application make to this table?” or, “What’s the no...
    • 4 Jan 2017

May the Shard be with You!

Oh how I remember when the first Star Wars movie came out, all the action, adventure and of course the lightsaber. Who didn’t want a lightsaber? You could slice your way through anything with it. Well I never did get one, but what I did get was SharePlex and that’s just as good. Using SharePlex’s ability to slice data at the row level or the column level is just as exciting to me. This ability is called...
    • 22 Dec 2016

The 5 Ws of Your Oracle Transactions with No Database Performance Impact

When a large customer appreciation company needed to categorize their Oracle auditing data by region, SharePlex came to their rescue. They were already using SharePlex’s Change History feature to track the userid’s, timestamp...
    • 20 Dec 2016

Quest Customer Story - Don't Wait Days for Your Data - Cut Out the Middleman

A large educational Institution recently approached us with a problem. Their Student Information and Financial databases were in Oracle, and a data warehouse containing extracts from both of these used for decision making, including opening more sections of a class or cancelling a class, was in SQLServer. Extract-Transform-Load process extract data from the Oracle databases, create “staging tables” in SQLServer...
    • 15 Dec 2016

Quest Customer Story - Use SharePlex to Ensure Availability of Your Master Data

How Available Is Your Master Data? A major financial institution recently completed a project to consolidate all of their employee information, including credentials for building and online access, into a single database. Of course, they protected their database with Oracle RAC and Oracle DataGuard, and had redundant infrastructure in their data center. However, they needed to address outages that might impact their...
More Content