This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does anyone have post-refresh scripts/processes they'd like to share?

Apologies if this is asked already somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I am performing an upgrade from 5.7.3 to 6.1.  I had the DBA refresh STATDEV from STATPRD.  From the refresh perspective (not the upgrade perspective) what should I do so that STATDEV doesn't think it's still STATPRD?  What tables need to be updated?  What changes need to be made.

I have already discovered two things : all the jobs need to be de-activated (or maybe changed) since they are blowing up, and the "from" address needs to be updated so STATDEV issues that are e-mailed are not reacted to as if they were coming from STATPRD.  I know there  has to be more, so I don't accidentally perform a test in STATDEV that accidentally causes BAD THINGS in, well, the migration stream, or really, anywhere?

If you've ever cloned/refresh a lower environment from another environment, especially in PeopleSoft, you'll understand what I am asking for.

I also understand this doesn't really happen this often (mostly at upgrade time) but, still, that's enough to have a process.

peace,

clark 'the dragon' willis

• 33 views and no one wants to volunteer an answer? :-p

peace,
  • Hi Clark,

I recommend that you make sure that your STATDEV uses a different email setup from your STATPRD. We run into problems when they both used the same settings. Look at menu "Maintenance"|"Stat Central Agent" | "Email Settings". The Agent Domain E-Mail Address should be different and the User in Pop Settings should be different from Production.

Hope this help.

Regards.
    Tom
  • Thanks, Tom. That was useful

peace,
    clark
  • LOL. Now 338 views and only one answer, from Tom. Sigh. Well, I was lucky enough to get a script from a friend - it appears almost everything that needs to be updated is in the stat_psdb_config table - so that all the environments in the migration chain point back to the DEV environment, so you can safely test, as well as turning off object locking. Also inactivating business rules, and a note to update file locations in the future.

peace,
    PSA SME
  • Hi Clark,

Realize this is a Community and not a Support site so don't count on getting responses.
    What should the be the expectation when Posting? I'm think it would be low on getting responses. A lot of my own forum posts have gone unanswered and most of my ideas that I posted have gone unanswered. So I feel lucky when I do get a response.

By the way, I am a Stat for Oracle E-Business user.

Regards.
    Tom
  • Tom,

Thank you for that reply. I guess I will lower my expectations accordingly. I guess I was hoping for better from a community of professionals. I'm sorry your success rate has been so low.

peace,
    PSA SME