Welcome to the vRanger Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Data Protection Forums
vRanger Forum Posts
Data Protection Blog Posts
    • 20 Jul 2017

Get your head in the cloud at VMWorld Barcelona Sept 2017: Quest Demo RR/VROOM

Actually you probably already have your head in the clouds in the best possible way. We have become used to the term and the reality of Cloud Computing and the benefits they deliver of better utilization of resources, greater flexibility to change what we have deployed and how along with the speed at which we can do things. Change as they say is the only constant and so here we are facing yet more change as we blend our...
    • 14 Jul 2017

Backing up data without busting the budget

If your organization is like most, the amount of data it stores is growing at a mind-boggling rate. But I’d lay heavy odds that your budget for backing up that data is not. How can you protect all that data without busting your budget? You can’t. And what’s more, you shouldn’t try to. At least, you shouldn’t aim to protect it all equally well. Why not? Well, the fact is, the data that...
    • 13 Jul 2017

Check out the new features in the upcoming release of NetVault 11.4!

The NetVault 11.4 release is right around the corner, so we want to give you a preview of some of the enhancements and new features it has to offer! Here is a list of some of the highlighted features below: Color Scheme Options First off, It h...
    • 11 Jul 2017

The Next Massive Ransomware Attack – Start Getting Ready

Where will the next ransomware attack will come from? What kind of email attachments will carry the exploit? Which users, countries and industries are most vulnerable? How much Bitcoin will the ransom cost? We wish we had the answers to those questions, but we don’t. We spend all our time studying vulnerabilities and exploits so you don’t have to, but even with all of our research, we can’t give...
    • 3 Jul 2017

The Fourth V

The key characteristics of Big Data are commonly known as “the 3 V’s”: Volume , Velocity , and Variety . Volume for the amount of data stored to process; Velocity for the tremendous pace required to generate, store and analyze data; and Variety for the many sources of data generated as well as the disparity of formats. There are “2 V’s” that have become incorporated into the literature...
    • 3 Jul 2017

Meet Our Experts! The Voices behind @QuestExperts: Andre Cooley

We are lucky enough to work with a number of extremely talented and passionate people. Some of our coworkers have been here for a number of years and have some great stories to tell. We wanted to use this interview as an introduction to one such individual – Andre Cooley. Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Andre Cooley and I am a Senior Technical Support Advisor for the NetVault Product Family...
    • 27 Jun 2017

Hangry in DC? Top places to stuff your pie hole during #MSInspire

Listen: Nothing’s more dangerous than a severely empty stomach on a work trip. You’re gonna be drinking. You’re off your time zone. You’ve got the nerves from dealing with strangers all up in your biz – it’s too m...
    • 22 Jun 2017

Backup Storage Repositories - should I be concerned?

Three main ingredients are found within most backup solutions: 1) backup software, 2) backup agents (optional) and 3) backup repository (storage). When evaluating backup solutions, backup software typically gets the most attention due to feature set offerings such as data protection abilities, application OS, Virtual Machine protection, and reporting. Choosing the proper backup software for your environment is not a simple...
    • 22 Jun 2017

Reduce virtual infrastructure risk without impacting performance or budget constraints

In the first post of this series, Reducing virtual infrastructure costs while supercharging performance is possible , we talked about the seemingly-conflicting choices we have when it comes to making improvements to your virtual infrastructure: We can reduce cost, minimize risk or improve service. But there are solutions that can help you achieve all three of those benefits without having to cancel out the other two....
    • 21 Jun 2017

Microsoft Inspire Tip of the Day: Visit Quest at Booth #1309

My feet hurt. I’m tired of wandering the floor. Who’s got the best giveaways and Microsoft expertise at Inspire? We don’t want to toot our own horn, but…toot, toot! Our giveaways are on point! We’re talking absurd amo...