Welcome to the vRanger Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
Data Protection Forums
vRanger Forum Posts
Data Protection Blog Posts
    • 16 Mar 2017

Quest NetVault Plug-in for VMware 11.3 is now available!

We are excited to announce a new version of NetVault Plug-in for VMware 11.3 is now available for download! What's new in this version : Enhanced VMware Virtual Machine protection via support for VMware vVol and vSAN (excludes support for VMware vSphere Storage Policy Based Management (SPBM)). New capability to restore to an alternare VMware vCenter VMware vSphere 6.5 support You can download the Quest...
    • 16 Mar 2017

Quest NetVault Backup 11.3 is Now Available!

We are excited to announce a new version of NetVault Backup 11.3 is now available for download. Look what's new: Improved device management and reporting via new user interface enhancements New white label support for OEM partner branding Please see the Release Notes for further information on new features and enhancements. Download a trial or the upgrade to 11.3 HERE!
    • 7 Feb 2017

"S.L.O." Your S.L.A.

“S.L.O.” your Roll with your SLA’s We all know the acronym SLA (Service Level Agreement) and we have all used it quite generically I suspect. So let’s get more specific and take a look at SLA and SLO (Service Level ...
    • 2 Feb 2017

The 3 C's of Data Protection

The Three C’s of Data Protection When searching for the best solution for backing up your data, it doesn’t matter whether you are a Fortune 50, Fortune 500 or a small to mid-size organization. What does matter is w...
    • 1 Feb 2017

The Art of Rapid Recovery: Microsoft Cloud

It was said by Sun Tzu that “the greatest victory is that which requires no battle” Wise words that we can correlate to data loss and data outages. With the prevalence of ransom-ware and the potential for natural or unnatural disas...
    • 31 Jan 2017

Do you test your backups?

As I talk to customers these days, they all typically have a system set up to back up their data. “What do you do to back up your data?” I’ll ask. Customers dive right in, talking about the different software in use. Sure, there may...
    • 31 Jan 2017

Leveraging Microsoft Azure for Offsite Data Storage and Disaster Recovery

How do I get my data offsite? One of the most important items in a good backup and disaster recovery strategy is making sure that data is redundantly stored at a location beyond just the primary site. It’s important because, if something happen...
    • 30 Jan 2017

How Rapid Recovery is like Liam Neeson

The other day I was watching the movie Taken, and as I was watching it I came to the part where Liam Neeson says his line, “If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of sk...
    • 29 Jan 2017

Setting up Replication in Rapid Recovery

One of the core tenants for a robust backup and recovery infrastructure is replication of data. If you have a major disaster, properly replicated backups will save the day and potentially your company. In this blog, I will detail how you set up repli...
    • 26 Jan 2017

Automating Your Retention Policy with Rapid Recovery

IT staffs are pinched for time. Many staffs in this day and age are expected to do more with less. For Quest one of the major tenets across all of our products is we want to save the IT staff time. Time is money and many organizations don’t hav...