Login to Post Forum Topic
Outlook archive file not opening
over 1 year ago
MS Outlook throws the error “Outlook archive file not opening”.
Please suggest the solution.
11 months ago
Errors pertaining to PST show up generally because of corruption of PST files, Most common reason for PST corruption is an over sized PST file. Some of the most common solutions to this problem are mentioned as follows.
* Use Microsoft's Inbox Repair Tool 'scanpst.exe'
For more information on how to use the tool visit Microsoft's website and search for 'scanpst'
* Reinstalling MS Outlook might turn out to be fruitful as this process will reinstall any other MS Outlook file which might be causing such problems.
* Use an Antivirus. If you don't have one, GET ONE. Antivirus Software would target and remove any virus or malware that might be interfering with your PST file operations.
* Use PST File Repair software available online. Such kind of software is designed to repair and recover damaged and corrupted PST files and ensure maximum data recovery than any other resolutions available, hence is always used as last resort option when every other method fails. One of such software is SYSINFOTOOLS PST FILE REPAIR for more information you can do a web-search for the same.
* Use chkdsk utility available in Windows OS. It is Windows' proprietary disk corruption repair tool and it might solve any minor data corruption issues. If you don't know how to use chkdsk utility, you ca visit Microsoft's support page and search for instructions.
* Split and Compress PST files. If you are a tech-wizard and know your way around how to split MS Outlook files and then Compress the original file, it would turn out to be a great solution to your problems.
Each solution addresses a specific issue and there might be cases where you might need to employ more than one resolution to fix the error.
Hope this helps.