This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I have a core I cannot log into

It appears the backups are still running as the replication of a server to another core is still occurring.  I've tried logging into the core remotely, and on the core machine itself with IE and Firefox (ESR52) and at most I get the login popup, but no further to speak of.  I may get an error about certificates and if I add the exception, I get the following under IE:

Not Found

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

Under Firefox I get:
Secure Connection Failed.

I've checked the services on the bad core with a good working core, and they're all running.  I've even done a repair of the core via Control Panel/Programs. Rebooted etc.  No recent patches were installed just prior to the core not responding.

Running RR 6.0.2.144 on Windows 10 (it's a small core)

• Works with Chrome. Doesn't work with Firefox or Edge. Chrome still shows the error, but continues and loads the core a couple seconds later. Very weird.
  • I've seen this sort of behavior in Server 2016 (which is based on the same platform as Windows 10). Basically I get an initial error but the page keeps loading and after 10-20 seconds more it loads the page. It occurs on all my Server 2016 machines in Chrome. I'll try working with IE or Firefox and see if I get the same issue. This only happens when I load the core console the first time.

If the core console will load, then obviously the core service and Web UI are functioning. So then it will just come down to us figuring out what's going on with those browsers. If you try to connect to the Web UI from another machine running IE/Chrome/Firefox, does it do the same thing?
  • Works with Chrome. Doesn't work with Firefox or Edge.

Yes exactly. This is what I was originally eluding to. It's a browser/cert issue. IE is a train wreck for newer security protocols. We have a few legacy apps that behave exactly like this. Chrome works IE will not/FF works but Chrome does not, etc etc.
  • I just tried installing Firefox fresh on a Win7 box. Same result - IE and Firefox are busted, Chrome errors, then works after a delay.
  • It's definitely an issue with a Firefox update. I'm on the latest (52.0.1) - I downgraded to 51.0.1 and it works like a champ. Older version is here: ftp.mozilla.org/.../
  • Wow this is frustrating - on my PC I can connect to 2 other cores on the same version. I just verified Chrome 57.0.2987.110 will connect to my troubled core. Unfortunately I've all but wiped the core. Have just mounted the repo and am re-adding machines and schedules. :/

Thanks for the Chrome tips guys, I personally didn't think it'd matter since I could connect my my other cores.
  • Update, I just installed kb4015438 update and the Chrome workaround no longer works now. I'm trying to uninstall that update now...