This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Standby VM Sync Time

It appears that if one export for a standby VM fails then the entire export process begins again. This would be understandable if there was a mandated time or number of data changes for export VM's to remain in "sync" but there isn't.

For instance if the queue is backed up RR does not seem to care if the window is missed, it simply does it later. Also, I can set my backup schedule on any given machine for once an hour or once a day and they still stay in "sync" regardless of changes or data moved.

Given these things why does RR barf and start over if the hypervisor happens to be off or the network is down for one snapshot?

Also in regards to standby VM's. Is it possible for these to "sync" while running or paused? I dare not try it knowing one problem will force me to start over. A process that can take days for large servers.

Parents
  • So only if the network connection fails or the export is cancelled should trigger a base move?

It's too bad you can't stagger exports between hypervisors. If you are syncing frequently there is a good chance it will be running when you may need it.

I thought about backing up the VM itself locally between exports but it takes too long.
  • So only if the network connection fails or the export is cancelled should trigger a base move?

It's too bad you can't stagger exports between hypervisors. If you are syncing frequently there is a good chance it will be running when you may need it.

I thought about backing up the VM itself locally between exports but it takes too long.
Children
No Data