This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Network Performance Issues

After a recent switch issue that caused my exported VM's to fail I have become aware of what seems to be a RR only problem with network speed.

While exporting base images (and I assume snapshots) I am experiencing what I would call "bursting". That is to say a data/pause/data/pause condition that is slowing the entire process down. This can be seen both visually in the status window as alternating between a progress bar and the

//////////////////////////////

bar that you see while it is preparing something to move. The overall transfer times also indicate about 1/2 the transfer rate of sample data moved including from other backup software run on the same network.

I have dropped the firewalls and killed the firewall service. I have added the machines and users to each other at full permissions. This is a dedicated fiber network and Windows 2012 servers with RAID6 arrays.

For reference it took me 12 hours to move a 1.17TB base using RR. About twice as long as similarly sized moves across the same network.