Backup VLAN unreachable after linking to hypervisor

Historically we've deployed the agent on all of our VM's and protected them directly from the core (no hypervisor associations/links). Each VM was given a secondary network adapter and assigned a static IP on a "backup" VLAN (i.e. 192.168.3.0/24... normal adapter/traffic is on 192.168.2.0).

Recently, we've linked our VCSA and associated all VM's with it. Everything seemed fine for about a day, backups continued on all VM's, until the RR core server had to be rebooted for something unrelated. After coming back online, all VM's which were added via their "backup" IP are unreachable, but there are some VM's which were added via their DNS name and those are still online?

It seems like a switch/networking issue, but nothing has changed in that area. It just seems too coincidental that these go offline right after associating them with our hypervisor (even though backups continued for a day or so after being linked until it was rebooted).

I've disabled/reenabled the network adapter and some other basic troubleshooting along those lines. And I've also tried disassociating one of the unreachable VM's with its hypervisor, which should theoretically put it back to how it existed prior to being linked to it, but no luck. Anyone ever see any behavior like this?