ApexSQL Propagate Always Fails

I am evaluating ApexSQL Propagate and setup a NEW sync project, added a dummy script file, then selected a single database.

I then tried executing the script, but keep getting the following error...

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\DBSync\deploy01.sql:
Line: 1
Error 1038, Severity 15, Line 1
An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.
Line: 1
Error 911, Severity 16, Line 1
Database '' does not exist. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.

The script file is a simple update of a column in a table for the database I selected when setting up the project.

The SQL script runs just fine in SQL Server Management Studio.

What am I not getting?

Parents
  • I too have struggled with this issue, anyone know if there is an open ticket and have a link to hopefully a solution?  The software almost acts like it's trying to execute the scripts on a different DB than was is selected or perhaps different scripts altogether, either scenario is VERY DANGEROUS.  This is such a great application I the past but even if I reinstall I still have this same issue as the original poster.

• I too have struggled with this issue, anyone know if there is an open ticket and have a link to hopefully a solution?  The software almost acts like it's trying to execute the scripts on a different DB than was is selected or perhaps different scripts altogether, either scenario is VERY DANGEROUS.  This is such a great application I the past but even if I reinstall I still have this same issue as the original poster.

Children
No Data