Apex SQL Log - Server Side components installation failed Error code {0}

Hi All,

I have installed Apex SQL log on a separate VM server and trying to connect to source SQL server DB (to audit) through Apex Log, but i am getting below error.

Updating Server Side components Step 2 of 2
Server side components installation failed. Error code: {0}

I am using admin account to do this, but still getting error. Please help me on this to proceed further.

Thank You.

Regards,
Sreedhar

Parents
  • Hello,

Thank you for choosing ApexSQL Log.

Please read the following to troubleshoot your issue:

Required permissions for application installation

The Windows user account used to install ApexSQL Log must have Windows administrator permissions.

Installation of ApexSQL Log server-side components (SSC) additionally requires the Windows user account to be a member of the fixed SQL Server sysadmin role.

Note that in case of remote server-side components installation, the Windows UAC feature must be disabled on the remote target machine. Additionally, ports 60408 and 65100 need to be open on both local and remote machines for two-way communication.

Additionally, there is a workaround if you still cannot install the server-side components remotely:

Using ApexSQL Log when local installation and remote installation of server-side components isn’t possible

Hope this information is useful for you.

• Hello,

Thank you for choosing ApexSQL Log.

Please read the following to troubleshoot your issue:

Required permissions for application installation

The Windows user account used to install ApexSQL Log must have Windows administrator permissions.

Installation of ApexSQL Log server-side components (SSC) additionally requires the Windows user account to be a member of the fixed SQL Server sysadmin role.

Note that in case of remote server-side components installation, the Windows UAC feature must be disabled on the remote target machine. Additionally, ports 60408 and 65100 need to be open on both local and remote machines for two-way communication.

Additionally, there is a workaround if you still cannot install the server-side components remotely:

Using ApexSQL Log when local installation and remote installation of server-side components isn’t possible

Hope this information is useful for you.

Children