How to just a read a TRN-file

Hi!

Sorry for the intrusion. We run into a serious issue with a potential incorrect SQL-transaction - so I got the transaction files for some hours, knowing the SQL-statement that could have casued it.

Then trying to read the file I realized that the .TRN-files could only be read by a tool like ApexSQL, so I downloaded a trial to see if it was possible. 

However it looks like it's not possible just to read a detached "TRN"-file unless you connect to some database server?

So is there anyone that knows if it's possible to read the TRN-file without attaching to a database?

Well, the trial doesn't last for long and it's perhaps not even possible to read logs in a trial version?

Again, sorry for the intrusion and asking such a basic, stupid question. But if any one of you should travel back in time to the late 80ths and to a Corona free Sweden I would be happy talking with you about index optimization through global memory buffering on VAX/VMS. However time has changed and here I sit as a complete DB-idiot ;-)

wbr

/Sten