Many to one data diff Database Transfer

Hello,

I will want to synchronize 2 databases in one but the synchronization operation deletes the records from the destination database which are not in the starting database how to eliminate this problem

Top Replies

• Hello joel ferdy thank you for choosing ApexSQL,

This is a very uncommon scenario for ApexSQL tool's usage, the tool was designed on a 1 to 1 model, however this process could be achieved but with some…

Parents

This is a very uncommon scenario for ApexSQL tool's usage, the tool was designed on a 1 to 1 model, however this process could be achieved but with some extra manual steps.

Here's what I suggest (Also, I'd recommend doing a test run before performing this task):

Option 1: Manually add each database using ApexSQL Tools (ApexSQL Diff and ApexSQL Data Diff)

1. Check each database schema, make sure the structure won't conflict with any dependencies or constraints.
    2. In ApexSQL Diff, Sync database 1, then check that everything is ok, this process may have to be done manually and possibly sync tables in order to avoid constraint and dependencies errors.
    3. In ApexSQL Diff, Sync database 2, then check that everything is ok, this process may have to be done manually and possibly sync tables in order to avoid constraint and dependencies errors.
    4. If everything looks good, then proceed to open ApexSQL Data Diff.
    5. This step may have to be done manually by selecting a few tables at a time and not all since the dependencies and constraints may have some unexpected effects on this process.
    6. In ApexSQL Data Diff, Sync database 1, select a few tables and continue until finished, check the data integrity.
    7. In ApexSQL Data Diff, Sync database 2, select a few tables and continue until finished, check the data integrity.

Option 2: Use T-Rep to SQL Server Many-to-One replication

This process is better explained in this article that uses SQL Server to perform the many-to-one replication you're looking

SQL Server Many-to-one Replication

Hopefully this information will help you achieve your tasks.

Have a nice day!

This is a very uncommon scenario for ApexSQL tool's usage, the tool was designed on a 1 to 1 model, however this process could be achieved but with some extra manual steps.

Here's what I suggest (Also, I'd recommend doing a test run before performing this task):

Option 1: Manually add each database using ApexSQL Tools (ApexSQL Diff and ApexSQL Data Diff)

1. Check each database schema, make sure the structure won't conflict with any dependencies or constraints.
    2. In ApexSQL Diff, Sync database 1, then check that everything is ok, this process may have to be done manually and possibly sync tables in order to avoid constraint and dependencies errors.
    3. In ApexSQL Diff, Sync database 2, then check that everything is ok, this process may have to be done manually and possibly sync tables in order to avoid constraint and dependencies errors.
    4. If everything looks good, then proceed to open ApexSQL Data Diff.
    5. This step may have to be done manually by selecting a few tables at a time and not all since the dependencies and constraints may have some unexpected effects on this process.
    6. In ApexSQL Data Diff, Sync database 1, select a few tables and continue until finished, check the data integrity.
    7. In ApexSQL Data Diff, Sync database 2, select a few tables and continue until finished, check the data integrity.

Option 2: Use T-Rep to SQL Server Many-to-One replication

This process is better explained in this article that uses SQL Server to perform the many-to-one replication you're looking

SQL Server Many-to-one Replication

Hopefully this information will help you achieve your tasks.

Have a nice day!

Children