Anyone use ApexSQL formatter for SSMS? Looking for profiles to import

I've attempted to use it at least a dozen times. Every time though I end up uninstalling it within a day or two. The lag and hang-ups it causes me in SSMS is just unbearable to the point that it actually gets in the way of me getting stuff done, as opposed to helping me be more productive. I've always wondered https://showbox.tools/ if its something unique to my environment, like linked servers or synonym intellisense mapping? I feel like those are common enough though that it shouldn't be the case. Or perhaps it's just the tooling in general. Either way, I finally gave up and gave in and dropped the 3 hundo on redgate sql prompt, and will never use another tool for formatting/autocompletion, even if I have to pay for it out of pocket myself.

Parents
  • Hi Sansa, 

On this case, are you  using ApexSQL Complete or ApexSQL Refactor? 

Having more add-ins enabled while using ApexSQL add-ins with SSMS can indeed affect the performance of the tool itself. We strongly recommend to uninstall any other add in that you have integrated with your SSMS while using ApexSQL products. 

If you still are having issues, we suggest you go to our Support Portal to file a Service Request and we can provide in-depth support to your situation. 

Thanks! 

• Hi Sansa, 

On this case, are you  using ApexSQL Complete or ApexSQL Refactor? 

Having more add-ins enabled while using ApexSQL add-ins with SSMS can indeed affect the performance of the tool itself. We strongly recommend to uninstall any other add in that you have integrated with your SSMS while using ApexSQL products. 

If you still are having issues, we suggest you go to our Support Portal to file a Service Request and we can provide in-depth support to your situation. 

Thanks! 

Children
No Data