Basic New Customer questions

I'm trying to evaluate ApexSQL DevOps Toolkit to determine if it's worth the exorbitant price for enterprise licensing, but I'm seeing some red flags:

1. Is this product legitimate?
  2. Is it even supported? The release notes are from 2019. Everything related to Azure DevOps has changed dramatically since then. Have they even kept up?
  3. I'm finding broken links all over the ApexSQL site. I'm trying to gather information but keep running into dead ends because so many links are broken. Why are there so many broken links on a Web site that sells such an expensive enterprise software?
  4. Why is the Dashboard forcing me to type in my enterprise credentials right into the application? I honestly have not seen any app do this in probably a decade. I'm not going to share my organizational login and password with a vendor. Why is it expecting me to type those into the software? That's not going to happen, for a variety of reasons: my credentials are none of your business, and every few months when my password changes I'll to go back into your app and re-type my credentials. Just no.
  • Regarding your questions, we can add the following:

"Is this product legitimate?"

Yes, the ApexSQL DevOps Toolkit is part of the products from Apexsql.

"Is it even supported? The release notes are from 2019. Everything related to Azure DevOps has changed dramatically since then. Have they even kept up?"

Yes, it's supported, also the last 2 versions are the version 2020 and 2022.

"I'm finding broken links all over the ApexSQL site. I'm trying to gather information but keep running into dead ends because so many links are broken. Why are there so many broken links on a Web site that sells such an expensive enterprise software?"

The main reason for the broken links is that we are migrating all the KB to the quest portal (https://support.quest.com/kb-product-select).

"Why is the Dashboard forcing me to type in my enterprise credentials right into the application? I honestly have not seen any app do this in probably a decade. I'm not going to share my organizational login and password with a vendor. Why is it expecting me to type those into the software? That's not going to happen, for a variety of reasons: my credentials are none of your business, and every few months when my password changes I'll to go back into your app and re-type my credentials. Just no."

In the case of the credentials, you don´t need to add your enterprise credential: During the installation, you need to provide your Quest credentials(That one that you use under https://support.quest.com/), this process will validate that you are a Quest customer and the licensing process. The second validation will be during the configuration, here you need to provide a user with the privilege enough to complete tasks at the level of your SQL like  Creating/Deleting/Modifying databases and objects

I hope this answers most of your questions.

Regards.