Best way to exclude mailbox from archive manager

I would like to know the best way to exclude mailbox from Archive manager.

I have employees that are no longer with the company.  Their accounts are closed but not deleted in AD and Exchange.  I would like to stop their mailboxes being archived but not deleted from archive manager.

thank you.

• Select your name and then select Administration. or browse to (your archive manager url)/Admin/default.aspx

Select Mailboxes (Under Email Archiving) 

Type the name of the mailbox you would like Archive Manager to stop crawling and uncheck "Enable Store Management"

Archive manager will no longer crawl this mailbox. It will still be searchable in archive manager. 

Another option is under the Admin Home, Navigate to Mailbox Scan Status, you can type the name of the deleted AD account there and select Search, then place a checkmark next to the mailbox name and select Disable Scan. 

• Thank you for information.  I have unchecked "Enable Store Management".

One more question.  Is there a procedure to backup Archive Manager, I know its a backup for Exchange but my Archive Manager is running on VM machine.  I have backup of VM machine but it take a lot of backup space.  Is there a procedure that will tell me what I need to select within Archive manager, this should save space as I am trying to backup to cloud.

Thank you.