Archive manager service mailbox

Hi All,

I'm wondering how can I decrease the size of the ArchiveMGR_Service mailbox.

Right now it gain 400 GBs of our data. So just curious why we have the store on disk with database and also this mailbox on the Exchange server?

Couple of words of our environment, we have Exchange 2013 hybrid and most of mailboxes moved to the cloud already. 

Parents
  • Greetings, are you referring to the Archive Manager Journal Account? Is the "ArchiveMGR_Service" account you mentioned also your journal mailbox?

• Yeah and that's bothering me. I think there is no point to store data on Exchange and also in Archive manager. Why do we need to store that twice, that's my question.

• Your archive manager journal account should be cleaned out almost instantly once it processes the mail. How long have you been using Archive Manager? Has the account always existed in the same database? Is it a separate database from your users?   If database size is an issue your on prem maildb may have a ton of whitespace and you may need to run an eseutil. But if the journal account is on its own DB or you could create a new DB and move the account to the new DB. 

• The account was always in the same DB, and there is about 10 other mailboxes there but they are about 50 megs each.  Sure DB has some whitespace, about 2 GB but its nothing comparing to archive mailbox for 400 GB.

I just started to work with this quest software and wondering why this mailbox is so huge. Do you think that's a normal behavior?

At the same time, there is no transport rules on Exchange side for journaling so I guess there should be much less size for the Archive Manager Journal Account.

• Our Archive Manager Mailbox is only 3gb in size total. It is on its own db and has been up and running on this 1 database since 2007/2008. 

We have our databases configured on each DB to journal email to the Archive Manager Journal Mailbox. It sounds like Archive Manager isn't cleaning out the mail after it is processing it. Is the Data Load service running on Archive Manager? Restart the Exchange Store manager service and then the Data Load Service.

• I agree. If the Journal mailbox has content in it, that means this content has not been extracted. Something is wrong and needs to be investigated. 

Reply Children
No Data