Steps to migrate Archive Manager 5.8 with only standalone Exchange Store Manager service installed?

I need to decommission a 2012 server which has Archive Manager 5.8 with only standalone Exchange Store Manager service installed. I will be standing a 2019 or 2016 server where i will move this AM service. What changes do i need ot make to my main AM server and configurations?

• Hi,

If the only service running on that server is the Exchange Store Manager, you will have to check in the Archive Manager Administration portal if any of your active Exchange Server is pointing to the Exchange Store Manager Group associated with the 2012 server. 

To check what is the Exchange Storage Group the Server with 2012 has assigned. Open server and go to:

* Windows > Quest > Configuration Console > Exchange Store Manager Group

Note down the Store Manager Group assigned to the server. 

To check if any of your Exchange Servers are being processed by that group:

* Access the Archive Manager Website > Administration > MailServer

Check on each of your active servers what group they have assigned in the Store Manager Option.

From this point, you have the option to install the ESM Service on the new server and point that server to the same Store Manager Group and then stop the service on the old Server. Or change the ESM group associated with each Exchange Server to one active server with the ESM service installed. 

If you need further assistance I will recommend contacting support.