This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving Archive Manager to New Server

We are currently running Archive Manager (5.3) on a Windows Server 200R2 instance, and are considering a move to a 2012R2 server.

The current server has all the services, the attachment store and the website as well as SQL server installed on it.

We have found the KB articles that explain how to move the attachment store or the SQL database to another server.

Our question relates to the Full Text Index.

If we install Archive Manager on a new server (having already moved the attachment store and database), point the new install to the current database and attachment stores what about the FTI?

Is it possible to move the FTI, or is a full rebuild of the index required in this scenario?

Thanks in advance ...

Parents
  • Dave,

Thanks for the prompt response. 

If I understand your response correctly the entry in the Configuration Console should control where the new folders should be created.

However as I noted the path for that is currently set to F:\ArchiveManager\Index but the recently created folders are in F:\Quest Software\ArchiveManager\Index.

Maybe I should raise a support request to look into this?

In the mean time I can move the the recently created folders and update their paths in the database to get these (probably most frequently used indexes onto faster disk)

Regards,

John

• Hello

If you could open a Service Request by calling 1.800.306.9329 or by going to https://support.quest.com that would be great. 
    We can then take a look at the issue you are having and discuss the other forum posts as well. 

Thank you,
    Dave

Reply Children
No Data