I expect the past 18 months has been challenging for you and your company. Likely, your company had to adjust the way you operate since the pandemic hit. It must be difficult keeping the manufacturing output up to match demand with social distancing and mask requirements. For many manufacturing companies’ automation has been the differentiator of whether productivity demands were met. Based on one survey, 62% of respondents said their company was accelerating the automation of manual processes.
The survey’s focus was the manufacturing process but really applies to the whole business. Why not automate all manual process where there is a clear value proposition? I applied this approach back in 2007 when I worked for a lean manufacturer to our Oracle EBS environments. Leaning out our change and patch management process yielded a very quick and high return on investment. Our CIO used leaning out our ERP change and patch management as the basis for obtaining his Six Sigma Green Belt certification. We quantitatively demonstrated that the automation of our application and patch change management process reduced cycle times, unplanned work, improved our service level agreement with the business, and reduced costs. Sound familiar? Today we call this DevOps.
How did we do this? We procured and implemented Quest Software’s ERP Change and Patch Management Solution – Stat. Stat is the most complete application and patch management solution in the marketplace for Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft. Stat has been empowering organizations to overcome and automate application change challenges for many years. It’s n-tier architecture scales well whether your ERP system(s) are on-prem or in the cloud. The same goes for your team whether they are working on-premise, remote, and/or geographically dispersed.
Imagine being able to:
- Manage and track all changes and application patches
- Enforce controls and separation of duties for compliance
- Version control schema, code, file, and config changes
- Reduce effort and human error when moving changes to multiple environments
- Automate code, configuration, schema, and file object deployments and recovery capabilities
- Support tracking of environment refreshes and recovery of changes in-flight
- Perform Impact Analysis and identify how changes will impact downstream objects
- Support Application Patching in a controlled manner
- Meet Audit and Reporting requirements
I welcome the opportunity to demonstrate the above in our upcoming live webinar on October 26th. Please register even if you can’t make it to the live demonstration your registration will insure you receive an email with a link to the recorded webinar. IMI Stat Webinar Series Part 3 of 3: Automating ERP Application Chang (quest.com)