The one thing we all learned in 2020 is that IT never stops. As challenging as it was maintaining IT services throughout the pandemic, it was great seeing how our industry as a whole sailed through with flying colors. One reason for our industry’s success was through the fast deployment of collaboration solutions like Microsoft Teams. But the very reason for our 2020 success – rapid adoption – may prove to be one of our biggest 2021 challenges.
IT admins who now have Teams up and running now face challenges like:
- How to migrate file share content to Teams
- How to best manage and secure Teams on a daily basis
- How to consolidate Teams during mergers and acquisitions
These are some of the key challenges we’ll be discussing at the Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference, a hybrid virtual/in-person event being held June 8-10. We’ll not only have a virtual Quest booth there, we’ll also be leading two sessions squarely focused on ways you can take control of your Teams deployment.
On Tuesday, June 8, at 7:30am PT/10:30am ET, Paul Robichaux, Quest Sr. Director of Product Management and a Microsoft MVP for Office Apps and Services since 2002, will explore ways to Make Teams Easier for You … So You Can Make Collaboration Easier for Your Users. Sure, your users will likely love the collaboration Teams has offered them during the year of remote work. But you probably don’t love the complexity Teams brought to your job. This session will answer questions on how you can minimize interruptions to end users, reduce Teams security risks, and how to consolidate Teams tenants as simply as possible. You’ll leave this session with best practices that’ll make it easier for you to move, manage, and secure Teams and, ultimately, make it collaboration easier for you and the end users you support.
Then, on Wednesday, June 9, at 7:30am PT/10:30am ET, Michael Smith, manager of software engineering/architects for Quest, will reveal Five Ways to Transform Your Teams Environment from an Unmitigated Mess to an Effective Collaboration Machine. With the need to adopt Teams quickly, you’re now facing challenges like Teams sprawl, security issues, lack of governance and analytics, interrupted service, and migration aftermath. But this session will offer best practices to tune your Teams deployment into an effective, well-oiled collaboration machine. You’ll leave this session with five things you can start doing immediately to better move, manage, and secure your Teams environment.
In addition to these engaging events, you can also interact with any of our subject matter experts during the conference.
But it’s not all business at the Quest virtual booth. We’ll also have some fun giveaways. Be sure to pop into the virtual booth each day to enter our raffles for your chance to win one of our daily prize giveaways, including:
- Nintendo Switch (Tuesday, June 8)
- Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset & Apple AirPods (Wednesday, June 9, morning/afternoon)
But you don’t have to wait until June 8-10 to get started on re-gaining control of your Teams deployment. Our Teams resource page explores all the ways we can help you simplify the management and migration of Microsoft Teams, including:
- Moving your data with minimal disruption to the business, whether you’re migrating Teams from one Office 365 tenant to another, or getting content out of file shares, Box, Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Staying on top of Teams management with content discovery, assessment and security auditing/reporting.
- Ensuring you have a comprehensive Teams backup and recovery solution in place to recover that critical data in the event of accidental or malicious deletions, malware, ransomware and other risks.
We look forward to seeing you in June!