Restarts are needed after upgrading?

Hi there,

I have to upgrade Change Auditor on a remote machine for a client. It's the first time and I have some questions, could anyone help me?

-It is neccesary restarting of the machine after finishing the installation of the new version?

My client is also worried about the agents coordinated by Change Auditor, the machine where is hosted those agents are managed by other company.

When you have to upgrade the agents (client has 2), do you have to restart those agents?

Thank you in advance.

Parents
  • Hi,

I have done a few Change Auditor upgrades and have never had to reboot a Co-ordinator as part of the process.

Regarding the agents, there was one upgrade ( I think 7.0.1 to 7.0.3 ) where the agent install caused the Domain Controllers to crash and we had to do a controlled reboot but apart from that we do not usually have to reboot the hosts where the agent is installed.

We have a Test environment and test the upgrade process on that first before Production.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

• Hi,

I have done a few Change Auditor upgrades and have never had to reboot a Co-ordinator as part of the process.

Regarding the agents, there was one upgrade ( I think 7.0.1 to 7.0.3 ) where the agent install caused the Domain Controllers to crash and we had to do a controlled reboot but apart from that we do not usually have to reboot the hosts where the agent is installed.

We have a Test environment and test the upgrade process on that first before Production.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Children
No Data