Alert when users from certain OUs are added to groups within certain OU

Hello,
I am looking to create an alert where I get notified whenever users object from USERS OU are added to any groups within GROUPS OU.
I can easily get the search running where I get every users from OU added to groups within GROUPS OU.
Is there a way to use restrictions to get users ONLY within USERS OU?

Parents
  • Hello,

You can set up an alert to notify you whenever users from the "USERS" Organizational Unit (OU) are added to any groups within the "GROUPS" OU. To achieve this, you would need to configure your alert system to monitor and detect changes in group memberships specifically within the "GROUPS" OU.

When setting up the alert, ensure that you apply a filter or condition that restricts the detection to changes involving users exclusively from the "USERS" OU. This filter will help you receive notifications only when users from the specified source OU are added to groups within the target "GROUPS" OU. By doing so, you'll be able to narrow down the scope of the alert and receive notifications relevant to your requirements.

Keep in mind that the exact steps to configure this alert might vary depending on the system or tools you're using for monitoring and notifications. Make sure to consult the documentation or support resources provided by the alert system to correctly set up the desired restriction based on the OU memberships.

I hope this will help you!

• Hello,

You can set up an alert to notify you whenever users from the "USERS" Organizational Unit (OU) are added to any groups within the "GROUPS" OU. To achieve this, you would need to configure your alert system to monitor and detect changes in group memberships specifically within the "GROUPS" OU.

When setting up the alert, ensure that you apply a filter or condition that restricts the detection to changes involving users exclusively from the "USERS" OU. This filter will help you receive notifications only when users from the specified source OU are added to groups within the target "GROUPS" OU. By doing so, you'll be able to narrow down the scope of the alert and receive notifications relevant to your requirements.

Keep in mind that the exact steps to configure this alert might vary depending on the system or tools you're using for monitoring and notifications. Make sure to consult the documentation or support resources provided by the alert system to correctly set up the desired restriction based on the OU memberships.

I hope this will help you!

Children
No Data