Installation of Coordinator and Client

Hi Experts,

Can we install the Change Auditor Coordinator and Client on the same server in the test environment? Also, Can you specify the system and software configuration requirements as well as user account permissions? In Addition, is there a retention setting for the Events being audited and stored in the Change Auditor database? 

• Yes, you can install the Change Auditor Coordinator and Client on the same server in the test environment. This is a common setup for small-scale testing purposes. However, for production environments, it is recommended to separate the Coordinator and Client onto different servers to improve performance and scalability.

Here are the system and software configuration requirements for the Change Auditor Coordinator and Client:

System requirements:

• Operating system: Windows Server 2016 or later, or Linux Ubuntu 18.04 or later

• CPU: Minimum of 2 GHz dual-core processor

• RAM: Minimum of 4 GB

• Storage: Minimum of 10 GB of free disk space

Software requirements:

• Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 or later

• Change Auditor Client

• Change Auditor Coordinator

User account permissions:

The Change Auditor Coordinator and Client require the following user account permissions:

• Administrator access to the server on which the software is installed

• Create and manage database users

• Read and write to the Change Auditor database

Retention setting for Events:

Yes, there is a retention setting for the events being audited and stored in the Change Auditor database. The retention setting specifies how long events will be stored in the database before they are purged. The default retention setting is 30 days. You can change koows echat the retention setting to a longer or shorter period of time.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• Thank you for your response, it was very helpful. I would like to inquire about the system requirements and permissions needed for the SQL database. Additionally, can you please guide me on how to create and add a new instance for the Change Auditor database using SQL? Lastly, I would like to know about the user account permissions that are required for installing Coordinator and Agent.

• Select a communication protocol for exchanging messages between the coordinator and client. Common options include HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP,The GP510  or custom protocols depending on your specific requirements.