Dell Desktop Authority - Is anyone using it?

Hello everyone,,

I'm researching Dell Desktop Authority for use at my company. I've heard positive things from an associate at another company, but I thought I better ask you guys as you've given good advice before. Anybody care to weigh in on the pros/cons?

On the surface, it looks like a triggering system for Group Policy,

***Information has been Flagged as Spam and has been Deleted. if you feel that the information deleted is not Spam please contact us or Reply to the Private message Sent. ****
Parents
  • Im using it and have been for years.  Traditionally we have used it for mapping network drives, displaying a warning to users, and printer assignments.  There is SOOO much more it can do and I plan on utilizing it better now that we are on version 11  ( moved from version 9 on an old server)  Its a great product and Quest support is unbelievable!  Best support out there!  Group Policy can be such a mystery at times and if you dont have time to dig into GP, then Desktop Authority is the way to go.  It makes things a heck of a lot easier.  It also has software deployment capabilities.  

• Im using it and have been for years.  Traditionally we have used it for mapping network drives, displaying a warning to users, and printer assignments.  There is SOOO much more it can do and I plan on utilizing it better now that we are on version 11  ( moved from version 9 on an old server)  Its a great product and Quest support is unbelievable!  Best support out there!  Group Policy can be such a mystery at times and if you dont have time to dig into GP, then Desktop Authority is the way to go.  It makes things a heck of a lot easier.  It also has software deployment capabilities.  

Children
No Data