DA to Manage Computer Services

Besides a GP Template or a Registry modification, is there a "streamlined" way, in DA, to manage Services? For example, changing BITS startup type to Manual, or SSDP Discovery to Automatic (Delayed Start). The before-mentioned methods are fine, I was just curious. It seems I'm always finding new ways to use DA.

Parents
  • Hello,

I'm glad to hear you like to find new ways to use KACE Desktop Authority.

There are many ways to do the same thing in Windows. To change the Startup type for one service you can use one of the following ways:

1- Using Powershell command and the Pre-engine or Post-engine script in KACE Desktop Authority.

Set-Service
    docs.microsoft.com/.../set-service

2- Using an Application Launcher and the SC command

sc config <service name> start=<mode>
    For example,
    sc config tlntsvr start=auto

3- You can use a Registry element or GPT as you mentioned. There must be some more ways to do it and it's very exciting when we find a new way to do what we need. 

• Hello,

I'm glad to hear you like to find new ways to use KACE Desktop Authority.

There are many ways to do the same thing in Windows. To change the Startup type for one service you can use one of the following ways:

1- Using Powershell command and the Pre-engine or Post-engine script in KACE Desktop Authority.

Set-Service
    docs.microsoft.com/.../set-service

2- Using an Application Launcher and the SC command

sc config <service name> start=<mode>
    For example,
    sc config tlntsvr start=auto

3- You can use a Registry element or GPT as you mentioned. There must be some more ways to do it and it's very exciting when we find a new way to do what we need. 

Children
No Data